From: elliottg@duck.com (Meow)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering,comp.mail.uucp
Subject: im cuonfused
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 20:07:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Meow - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 20:07 UTC

> Hi folks,
>
> If you haven't heard of it,
i havent
> NNCP [1] is to UUCP approximately what ssh
> is to rsh/telnet. NNCP is asynchronous, delay-tolerant for
> fire-and-forget secure reliable files, file requests, Internet mail (and
> now NEWS) and commands transmission. All packets are integrity checked,
> end-to-end encrypted,
> explicitly authenticated by known participants public keys. Onion
> encryption is applied to relayed packets.
unnedded for usenet
> Each node acts both as a
> client and server, can use push and poll behaviour model. NNCP can
> operate over a lot of transports:
> Internet, USB sticks, tapes, CD-ROMs, ssh, Dropbox, etc.
what about usb and dial up and 1(or two for input and one for uotput)(+)
pin RasPI GPIO

> So basically it's UUCP for the modern world. I've used NNCP for
> everything from automated git repo synchronization [2] to hundreds-of-GB
> ZFS backup streams.
>
> And I now intend to offer Usenet feeds to interested people that would
> like to receive them over NNCP. The setup is easier than with UUCP, the
> environment is more secure, and the approach is so similar that it needs
> only a tiny bit of glue to drop in to INN in place of UUCP.
im out of glue
> Over at https://github.com/jgoerzen/nncp-tools/blob/main/docs/usenet.org" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://github.com/jgoerzen/nncp-tools/blob/main/docs/usenet.org
> you can(t)
i added the t
> find my instructions on doing this. It contains instructions
> both for communicating with news.quux.org over NNCP (including
> prerequisites and expectations) as well as some background on setting up
> NNCP for standalone INN-based non-public networks.
> It is also a sort of brief-ish tutorial on the minimum setup necessary
> to get INN working with NNCP in this way. It could also, by extension,
> be somewhat of a starting point for the INN side of things for those
> wishing to use UUCP as well. The primary difference is using nncp-exec
> instead of uux, and there is a small shell wrapper to pretend to be uux
> and transform the uux invocation into an nncp-exec one. No INN patching
> is necessary.
but can i us nncp and uucp

> For those interested, NNCP's integration page [3] discusses how to
> integrate it with Postfix or Exim (agin using UUCP-like techniques),
> BitTorrent, etc. Over at my nncp-tools page [4] I have information on
> the NNCP public relay I operate,
that removes to f2f part
> tunneling NNCP over other transports,
can i use it on yggdrasil?
> and so forth.
>
> I would welcome any corrections, contributions, feedback, etc. on any of
> this.
>
> Thanks,
youre not welcome

yggdrasil http://y.www.nncpgo.org/

> [2]
> https://changelog.complete.org/archives/10274-distributed-asynchronous-
git-syncing-with-nncp

> [3] https://nncp.mirrors.quux.org/Integration.html
>
> [4] https://github.com/jgoerzen/nncp-tools

computers / news.admin.peering / im cuonfused