From: screw.israel@splcenter.org (screw israel)
Subject: NYC doctor, serial anti-Israel protester, 47,
among non-students arrested at Columbia, CUNY raids
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 04:07:47 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.activism, alt.education, alt.law-enforcement, nyc.politics,
sac.politics
 by: screw israel - Thu, 2 May 2024 02:07 UTC

A Manhattan doctor and a known anti-Israel protester were among the 282
people arrested overnight when the NYPD raided campus encampments at
Columbia University and the City College of New York.

Fernando Bobis, 42, an internal medicine doctor based in Washington
Heights, was one of the 109 people arrested at Columbia�s Morningside
Heights campus, where rioters had broken into an academic building,
occupying it for more than 20 hours before university officials called the
cops for help.

�Five and 1/2 hours in a holding cell with no bathroom, no water, no food.
I had a hard time checking my insulin to make sure I was okay. I�m Type 1
diabetic,� Bobis told reporters after his arrest was processed at NYPD
headquarters.

He was among several busted protesters who were released from One Police
Plaza Wednesday morning � as hundreds of their comrades greeted them with
cheers and handed out bottled water, food and sunscreen.

The Brown University graduate, who said he previously took general studies
courses at Columbia, wasn�t the only non-student arrested overnight.

Known anti-Israel protester Jesse Pape, 47, who has clashed with NYPD
officers at other anti-Israel rallies, was also booked Tuesday night.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/01/us-news/doctor-known-anti-israel-protester-
among-the-282-arrested-at-columbia-city-college-of-ny/

interests / alt.law-enforcement / NYC doctor, serial anti-Israel protester, 47, among non-students arrested at Columbia, CUNY raids