From: retroguy@novabbs.org (Retro Guy)
Subject: Clickable links in rslight
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 06:11:07 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 13:11 UTC

RSLight used to have clickable links in message bodies, and it worked
somewhat, but some recent mods to clean up formatting required me to remove
that feature.

I've now re-written the code for clickable links, and it's hopefully better
than it was in the past. It will never be perfect, as every newsreader
seems to have it's own way to present, encapsulate or whatever it wants to
do to try to display a link. But it is better than it was in the past.

Current protocols recognized are:
(https?|ftp|scp|news|gopher|gemini|telnet)

Any others that I should consider?

--
Retro Guy

Re: Clickable links in rslight

<182361f3b586017b9508dc77c4ee0d6a$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=461&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#461

From: admin@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Re: Clickable links in rslight
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 09:40:14 -0500
logging-data="123809"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org";
posting-account="TzG3Hl99Aa0Fgb506WreKRgRTO2mG9+aGjVDifyfNqo";
 by: Syber Shock - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 14:40 UTC

On Sun, 3 Sep 2023 06:11:07 -0700
Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.org> wrote:

> RSLight used to have clickable links in message bodies, and it worked
> somewhat, but some recent mods to clean up formatting required me to
> remove that feature.
>
> I've now re-written the code for clickable links, and it's hopefully
> better than it was in the past. It will never be perfect, as every
> newsreader seems to have it's own way to present, encapsulate or
> whatever it wants to do to try to display a link. But it is better
> than it was in the past.
>
> Current protocols recognized are:
> (https?|ftp|scp|news|gopher|gemini|telnet)
>
> Any others that I should consider?

It is good to see the truck is still rolling.

mailto://shouts@me.

hkp:// is for PGP keyservers.

doi:// is useful for pointing to eprints.

spartan:// is another smol text protocol. I never use it.

There are more I can think of. A few of these are probably not
advisable, but some of them are useful. A lot of people use applications
with edonkey, magnet and torrent links. IRC is still widely used. Web
sockets is gaining traction. I'm just tossing all of them out there.

(bitcoin|data|dict|dns|doi|ed2k|finger)

(git|hkp|ipfs|irc|irc6|ircs|magnet)

(mailto|ntp|rss|sftp|shttp|sips|spartan|ssh)

(svn|tag|tel|torrent|urn|ws|wss|xmpp)

--
SugarBug | https://sybershock.com | NNTP | Usenet | Forum
Fediverse | https://syfershock.com/users/syfershock