From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Monospaced fonts
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 12:15:05 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 12:15 UTC

RSLight by default now is using monospaced fonts. All my sites are running this way, and it certainly (to me) looks much better. To revert to something else, make the change in 'div.np_article_body' in style.css.

Code snippets, etc. are much easier to read.

white-space: pre-wrap; in CSS has improved layout also. Fixing missing newlines, etc. (so style.css has changed)

Moving forward, new installs will place style.css in $webdir/common/themes, and symlink from each theme dir. To make changes, simply remove the symlink and include your own style.css, as the one in the theme dir is what's actually read by rslight (the symlink by default).

I decided against doing the same with style-colors.css, as it's almost certain to be different for every single theme. So each theme contains it's own copy.

--
Retro Guy