Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 17:15:56 +0000
Subject: Adding 'history' to RSLight
From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 17:15 UTC

Currently, RSLight does not keep track of deleted or expired posts. This allows the posts to return, and does not properly handle article numbers with no content.

I'm working on fixing that now with the introduction of history.db3

This will verify if a post has been deleted, and keep the article number reserved so as to not confuse newsreaders. The web interface (newsportal) can handle the number being re-used, but a newsreader can produce unexpected results. We'll fix that soon.

This will handle cancels (we don't honor them, but just in case in the future), NoCeM and expiration. The database will also contain data on the cancel for future use if we want to use that info.

Development will be light this week, but back at it hopefully at the weekend.

--
Retro Guy

Re: Adding 'history' to RSLight

<b73900eb38bed77e01d0c41440c756dd@news.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=446&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#446

Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 20:22:25 +0000
Subject: Re: Adding 'history' to RSLight
From: vga@vga256.com (vga256)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
 by: vga256 - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 20:22 UTC

Very cool! I wondered what the outcome of deletions would be - I hadn't realized that clients could get wonky.

I'm taking a break from development for a bit as well.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light