Talking about music is like dancing about architecture. -- Laurie Anderson

interests / alt.home.repair / Capcha has gone berserk.

SubjectAuthor
* Capcha has gone berserk.micky
+* Re: Capcha has gone berserk.David LaRue
|+* Re: Capcha has gone berserk.Retirednoguilt
||`* Re: Capcha has gone berserk.micky
|| `- Re: Capcha has gone berserk.Retirednoguilt
|`- Re: Capcha has gone berserk.Frank
`* Re: Capcha has gone berserk.Retirednoguilt
 `* Re: Capcha has gone berserk.Colour Sergeant Bourne
  `* Re: Capcha has gone berserk.Cindy Hamilton
   +- Re: Capcha has gone berserk.Colour Sergeant Bourne
   `- Re: Capcha has gone berserk.rbowman

1
Capcha has gone berserk.

<jtu13j9ccb1qk26jebe63u63jsj7v171s6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=58435&group=alt.home.repair#58435

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Capcha has gone berserk.
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 10:11:38 -0400
 by: micky - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 14:11 UTC

Capcha has gone berserk. Just now it said, "Select animals that in
reality way more than others" and I could barely see what each thing
was. But I think one was a sloth, so I passed.

Yesterday it had , "pick the thing that grows" with disguised pictures
of various things.

Re: Capcha has gone berserk.

<XnsB164787C07C3Dhueydlltampabayrrcom@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=58437&group=alt.home.repair#58437

From: huey.dll@tampabay.rr.com (David LaRue)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Capcha has gone berserk.
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 15:50:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: David LaRue - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 15:50 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote in

> Capcha has gone berserk. Just now it said, "Select animals that in
> reality way more than others" and I could barely see what each thing
> was. But I think one was a sloth, so I passed.
>
> Yesterday it had , "pick the thing that grows" with disguised pictures
> of various things.

I had a similar experience yesterday with the Verizon site. Not only were
the images unclear but many had details that were so small, even on my
computer, I was unable to see the desired items to select. After several
rounds I was finally able to prove I'm not a robot. As a famous commedian
once quipped (commenting on captchas) "Why make this so diffiecult? If
someone else is trying to pay my bill, Why don't you let them?" I want to
say it was Jackie Chan, but can't find the exact quote.

Re: Capcha has gone berserk.

<v0r93u$2j21c$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=58445&group=alt.home.repair#58445

From: HapilyRetired@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:17:50 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 17:17 UTC

On 4/30/2024 10:11 AM, micky wrote:
> Capcha has gone berserk. Just now it said, "Select animals that in
> reality way more than others" and I could barely see what each thing
> was. But I think one was a sloth, so I passed.
>
> Yesterday it had , "pick the thing that grows" with disguised pictures
> of various things.

way more what than others? Did you mean "weigh" or did it really say "way".

Re: Capcha has gone berserk.

<v0r9as$2j21c$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=58446&group=alt.home.repair#58446

From: HapilyRetired@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:21:31 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 17:21 UTC

On 4/30/2024 11:50 AM, David LaRue wrote:
> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote in
>
>> Capcha has gone berserk. Just now it said, "Select animals that in
>> reality way more than others" and I could barely see what each thing
>> was. But I think one was a sloth, so I passed.
>>
>> Yesterday it had , "pick the thing that grows" with disguised pictures
>> of various things.
>
> I had a similar experience yesterday with the Verizon site. Not only were
> the images unclear but many had details that were so small, even on my
> computer, I was unable to see the desired items to select. After several
> rounds I was finally able to prove I'm not a robot. As a famous commedian
> once quipped (commenting on captchas) "Why make this so diffiecult? If
> someone else is trying to pay my bill, Why don't you let them?" I want to
> say it was Jackie Chan, but can't find the exact quote.

This is why I much prefer doing web based activities on my desktop
computer with a 24" monitor. If you're using the screen on the typical
smart phone, try changing the web browser's app setting to desktop view.
Sometimes it makes things worse but sometimes it makes it easier to see
what's giving you trouble.

Re: Capcha has gone berserk.

<2lb23j9dagnp9046katp7d6e60jcucf7pi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=58450&group=alt.home.repair#58450

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:49:51 -0400
 by: micky - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 17:49 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:21:31 -0400, Retirednoguilt
<HapilyRetired@fakeaddress.com> wrote:

>On 4/30/2024 11:50 AM, David LaRue wrote:
>> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Capcha has gone berserk. Just now it said, "Select animals that in
>>> reality way more than others" and I could barely see what each thing
>>> was. But I think one was a sloth, so I passed.
>>>
>>> Yesterday it had , "pick the thing that grows" with disguised pictures
>>> of various things.
>>
>> I had a similar experience yesterday with the Verizon site. Not only were
>> the images unclear but many had details that were so small, even on my
>> computer, I was unable to see the desired items to select. After several
>> rounds I was finally able to prove I'm not a robot. As a famous commedian
>> once quipped (commenting on captchas) "Why make this so diffiecult? If
>> someone else is trying to pay my bill, Why don't you let them?" I want to
>> say it was Jackie Chan, but can't find the exact quote.
>
>This is why I much prefer doing web based activities on my desktop
>computer with a 24" monitor. If you're using the screen on the typical
>smart phone, try changing the web browser's app setting to desktop view.
> Sometimes it makes things worse but sometimes it makes it easier to see
>what's giving you trouble.

I was using a computer with a pretty big screen in my first paragraph at
the top. They made it hard to tell what things were, on purpose.

Yes, I meant "weigh", but it's interesting how spelling is less
important to me when I have words in my head and I'm typing them. it's
happened before.

Re: Capcha has gone berserk.

<v0reg7$2kfiv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=58452&group=alt.home.repair#58452

From: "frank "@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 14:49:41 -0400
 by: Frank - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 18:49 UTC

On 4/30/2024 11:50 AM, David LaRue wrote:
> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote in
>
>> Capcha has gone berserk. Just now it said, "Select animals that in
>> reality way more than others" and I could barely see what each thing
>> was. But I think one was a sloth, so I passed.
>>
>> Yesterday it had , "pick the thing that grows" with disguised pictures
>> of various things.
>
> I had a similar experience yesterday with the Verizon site. Not only were
> the images unclear but many had details that were so small, even on my
> computer, I was unable to see the desired items to select. After several
> rounds I was finally able to prove I'm not a robot. As a famous commedian
> once quipped (commenting on captchas) "Why make this so diffiecult? If
> someone else is trying to pay my bill, Why don't you let them?" I want to
> say it was Jackie Chan, but can't find the exact quote.

PITA with local paper. My eyes are not that good but it looks like it
bothers others.

Re: Capcha has gone berserk.

<v0rg5n$2l04d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=58453&group=alt.home.repair#58453

From: HapilyRetired@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 15:18:12 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 19:18 UTC

On 4/30/2024 1:49 PM, micky wrote:
> In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:21:31 -0400, Retirednoguilt
> <HapilyRetired@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/30/2024 11:50 AM, David LaRue wrote:
>>> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote in

>>> I had a similar experience yesterday with the Verizon site. Not only were
>>> the images unclear but many had details that were so small, even on my
>>> computer, I was unable to see the desired items to select. After several
>>> rounds I was finally able to prove I'm not a robot. As a famous commedian
>>> once quipped (commenting on captchas) "Why make this so diffiecult? If
>>> someone else is trying to pay my bill, Why don't you let them?" I want to
>>> say it was Jackie Chan, but can't find the exact quote.
>>
>> This is why I much prefer doing web based activities on my desktop
>> computer with a 24" monitor. If you're using the screen on the typical
>> smart phone, try changing the web browser's app setting to desktop view.
>> Sometimes it makes things worse but sometimes it makes it easier to see
>> what's giving you trouble.
>
> I was using a computer with a pretty big screen in my first paragraph at
> the top. They made it hard to tell what things were, on purpose.
>
> Yes, I meant "weigh", but it's interesting how spelling is less
> important to me when I have words in my head and I'm typing them. it's
> happened before.

Sorry to be a stickler. It's a reflex habit I've been unable to break.
I spent too many years at a desk trying to decipher the meaning of a
tremendous variety of paperwork written by alleged professionals for
which I was final review. Many of them, despite their degrees and
training couldn't write their way out of a paper bag. I never put my
signature on anything that I found ambiguous or otherwise deficient
because my signature provided official, legal approval. I also authored
numerous revisions of official government regulations and instructions
at bureaucratic levels varying from presidential cabinet offices down to
4th tier in the chain of command at DoD. After I retired, I
volunteer-taught ESOL for about a decade. I've been told by many that I
should have been a lawyer but I've learned that lawyers love ambiguity;
it allows them to argue in favor of either side of an issue.

Re: Capcha has gone berserk.

<v0tcc3$35cof$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=58469&group=alt.home.repair#58469

From: bourne@rorke.za (Colour Sergeant Bourne)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 08:25:39 -0400
 by: Colour Sergeant Bour - Wed, 1 May 2024 12:25 UTC

On 4/30/24 1:17 PM, Retirednoguilt wrote:
> On 4/30/2024 10:11 AM, micky wrote:
>> Capcha has gone berserk. Just now it said, "Select animals that in
>> reality way more than others" and I could barely see what each thing
>> was. But I think one was a sloth, so I passed.
>>
>> Yesterday it had , "pick the thing that grows" with disguised pictures
>> of various things.
>
> way more what than others? Did you mean "weigh" or did it really say "way".

Ironic that these days, people have to prove to a machine that they are
not robots.

I fear this is an early warning sign that Skynet is becoming self-aware...

--
Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

Re: Capcha has gone berserk.

<66327d37$0$8481$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=58485&group=alt.home.repair#58485

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: hamilton@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: 01 May 2024 17:34:47 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Wed, 1 May 2024 17:34 UTC

On 2024-05-01, Colour Sergeant Bourne <bourne@rorke.za> wrote:
> On 4/30/24 1:17 PM, Retirednoguilt wrote:
>> On 4/30/2024 10:11 AM, micky wrote:
>>> Capcha has gone berserk. Just now it said, "Select animals that in
>>> reality way more than others" and I could barely see what each thing
>>> was. But I think one was a sloth, so I passed.
>>>
>>> Yesterday it had , "pick the thing that grows" with disguised pictures
>>> of various things.
>>
>> way more what than others? Did you mean "weigh" or did it really say "way".
>
> Ironic that these days, people have to prove to a machine that they are
> not robots.
>
> I fear this is an early warning sign that Skynet is becoming self-aware...

Those web pages are programmed by people. For now.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Capcha has gone berserk.

<v0tvfn$39vgj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=58488&group=alt.home.repair#58488

From: bourne@rorke.za (Colour Sergeant Bourne)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 13:51:51 -0400
 by: Colour Sergeant Bour - Wed, 1 May 2024 17:51 UTC

On 5/1/24 1:34 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2024-05-01, Colour Sergeant Bourne <bourne@rorke.za> wrote:

>>> way more what than others? Did you mean "weigh" or did it really say "way".
>>
>> Ironic that these days, people have to prove to a machine that they are
>> not robots.
>>
>> I fear this is an early warning sign that Skynet is becoming self-aware...
>
> Those web pages are programmed by people. For now.

Maybe yes, maybe no...

--
So I need a license to fish-- but not to vote?

Re: Capcha has gone berserk.

<l9gfjhFhoj6U7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=58513&group=alt.home.repair#58513

From: bowman@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: 2 May 2024 03:28:49 GMT
 by: rbowman - Thu, 2 May 2024 03:28 UTC

On 01 May 2024 17:34:47 GMT, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Those web pages are programmed by people. For now.

https://designmodo.com/ai-tools-designers/

Sort of...

interests / alt.home.repair / Capcha has gone berserk.