From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.animation, alt.animation.warner-bros
Subject: [NEWS] Live-action Scooby Doo series coming to Netflix
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 09:54:18 +1200
 by: Your Name - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 21:54 UTC

Why do the talentless fools in Hollyweird insist on trying to make
live-action versions of animated originals ... they almost never ever
work. :-(

'Scooby-Doo' Live-Action Series From Berlanti Productions
Lands At Netflix With Major Commitment
A classic Warner Bros. IP is headed to Netflix with a reimagining
from one of the studio's top TV producers. In a competitive
situation with multiple bidders, the streamer has landed Scooby-Doo!
The Live-Action Series, from Greg Berlanti's Berlanti Productions
and Warner Bros. Television, where the company is based, sources
tell Deadline.

Written by Josh Appelbaum & Scott Rosenberg (Cowboy Bebop) based on
characters created by Hanna-Barbera, Scooby-Doo! is a live-action
update of the popular cartoon.

Netflix Unveils Polish Slate Including Directing Debut For 'High
Water' Scribe & Bank Robbery Thriller From 'Forgotten Love' Team

In a tough TV marketplace, the drama project garnered interest from
top buyers, ending up at Netflix with a premium, script-to-series
commitment, sources said. Reps for Netflix and WBTV declined
comment.

Scooby-Doo! The Live-Action Series is executive produced by Greg
Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Leigh London Redman for Berlanti
Productions as well as Appelbaum and Rosenberg alongside André Nemec
and Jeff Pinkner under their Midnight Radio banner. Berlanti
Productions' Jonathan Gabay and Midnight Radio's Adrienne Erickson
co-executive produce.

The deal comes on the heels of Netflix releasing Berlanti
Productions/WBTV's latest series, Dead Boy Detectives, last week.
The comic book adaptation landed on the streamer's daily Top 10 U.S.
series list within 24 hours and stayed in the Top 3 all weekend.

At Netflix, Berlanti Productions and WBTV are also behind You,
headed into its fifth and final season, and Chilling Adventures of
Sabrina.

Created by Joe Ruby and Ken Spears, the Scooby-Doo! franchise was
launched in 1969 with the duo's first animated series Scooby-Doo,
Where Are You! for then-Hanna-Barbera (later absorbed into Warner
Bros. Animation).

The series, which introduced supernatural mysteries-solving teens
Fred Jones, Daphne Blake, Velma Dinkley and Shaggy Rogers and their
talking Great Dane Scooby-Doo, originally aired on CBS from 1969-76,
when it moved to ABC, where various versions of the show aired until
1986. Spinoff A Pup Named Scooby-Doo! aired from 1988-91. Two
Scooby-Doo! reboots premiered as part of Kids' WB on The WB and its
successor The CW from 2002-08. Further reboots were produced for
Cartoon Network beginning in 2010 and continuing through 2018.
Boomerang premiered original animated series Scooby-Doo! and Guess
Who? on its streaming service in 2019 and later on Max.

The franchise's latest spinoff, Max original Velma from Mindy Kaling,
recently wrapped its second season on the WBD streamer which also is
home of the Scooby-Doo! library.

A live-action film was released in 2002 starring Freddie Prinze Jr.
as Fred, Sarah Michelle Gellar as Daphne, Matthew Lillard as Shaggy
and Linda Cardellini as Velma. It spawned a 2004 sequel. An animated
feature, Scoob!, was released during the pandemic.

This marks Appelbaum, Rosenberg and their Midnight Radio partners'
return to Netflix, where they executive produced the live-action
Cowboy Bebop series adaptation. Their recent credits also include
Prime Video's Citadel and MGM+'s From.

<https://deadline.com/2024/04/scooby-doo-live-action-series-netflix-greg-berlanti-josh-appelbaum-scott-rosenberg-1235898662/>

Re: [NEWS] Live-action Scooby Doo series coming to Netflix

<v0u4hd$3ag2o$16@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=587&group=rec.arts.animation#587

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.animation,alt.animation.warner-bros
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 12:30:13 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 1 May 2024 16:30 UTC

In article <v0p4u9$20559$1@dont-email.me>, YourName@YourISP.com wrote:

> 'Scooby-Doo' Live-Action Series From Berlanti Productions
> Lands At Netflix With Major Commitment

Berlanti? Hmm, why does that sound familiar?

--
Let's go Brandon!Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 12:30:12 -0400

Re: [NEWS] Live-action Scooby Doo series coming to Netflix

<386378633.736291534.348685.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=588&group=rec.arts.animation#588

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.animation,alt.animation.warner-bros
From: anim8rfsk@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 15:57:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 1 May 2024 22:57 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <v0p4u9$20559$1@dont-email.me>, YourName@YourISP.com wrote:
>
>> 'Scooby-Doo' Live-Action Series From Berlanti Productions
>> Lands At Netflix With Major Commitment
>
> Berlanti? Hmm, why does that sound familiar?

All the horrible woke. CW shows, especially the superhero shows.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 12:30:12 -0400

--

Re: [NEWS] Live-action Scooby Doo series coming to Netflix

<Ubu4hd$3ag2o$16@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=589&group=rec.arts.animation#589

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.animation,alt.animation.warner-bros
From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 20:53:32 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 2 May 2024 00:53 UTC

cox.net@news.easynews.com>, anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> YourName@YourISP.com wrote:

>>> 'Scooby-Doo' Live-Action Series From Berlanti Productions
>>> Lands At Netflix With Major Commitment
>>
>> Berlanti? Hmm, why does that sound familiar?
>
>All the horrible woke. CW shows, especially the superhero shows.

Ack! Repressed memories flooding back!

--
Let's go Brandon!

arts / rec.arts.animation / [NEWS] Live-action Scooby Doo series coming to Netflix