tech / sci.logic / Re: Quantifier swapping in set theory

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Quantifier swapping in set theoryRoss Finlayson
`- Re: Quantifier swapping in set theoryRoss Finlayson

1
Re: Quantifier swapping in set theory

<BmqdnRyqU-XcFFf4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=3149&group=sci.logic#3149

Subject: Re: Quantifier swapping in set theory
Newsgroups: sci.logic
<a4bb0280-6ed8-467c-a883-81a9c52bacbfn@googlegroups.com>
<9e90bd58-3c7e-4649-96cc-d90f56574904n@googlegroups.com>
<984109f8-81ba-43cc-a3b6-cee869e68548n@googlegroups.com>
<09cde692-1c87-4e53-b9f4-da5b27458385n@googlegroups.com>
<f8da3c10-e09f-4c62-89ec-75728fd39b5en@googlegroups.com>
<84b7c229-a5fa-4bb6-9ed7-56746c925069n@googlegroups.com>
<3b7cd0ec-70e4-458d-85a8-8e878877c2c1n@googlegroups.com>
From: ross.a.finlayson@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 13:10:48 -0800
 by: Ross Finlayson - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 21:10 UTC

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Quantifier swapping in set theory

<lJKcnUsyo5l7y0v4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=3560&group=sci.logic#3560

Newsgroups: sci.logic
References: <86139ffe-6ec9-4a72-8479-2ed53054671do@googlegroups.com> <61eec2bf-98ef-401a-9192-78fd188d80bbn@googlegroups.com> <0ce8a801-81b2-4b44-bd90-5324c82af438n@googlegroups.com> <00a1f136-fd92-48fa-b4a2-fed6766c69f2n@googlegroups.com> <01a5b3de-acb6-4de3-b651-d064a71ce5f1n@googlegroups.com> <770b5931-b828-47d1-9552-e623af8f6f19n@googlegroups.com> <3b7eb0a5-ec06-4ded-a634-2819134337d9n@googlegroups.com> <9b379dd2-9e50-469c-a691-fa266929f410n@googlegroups.com> <40f7e84e-acd3-418c-9c32-b9929e2110aen@googlegroups.com> <a4bb0280-6ed8-467c-a883-81a9c52bacbfn@googlegroups.com> <9e90bd58-3c7e-4649-96cc-d90f56574904n@googlegroups.com> <984109f8-81ba-43cc-a3b6-cee869e68548n@googlegroups.com> <09cde692-1c87-4e53-b9f4-da5b27458385n@googlegroups.com> <f8da3c10-e09f-4c62-89ec-75728fd39b5en@googlegroups.com> <84b7c229-a5fa-4bb6-9ed7-56746c925069n@googlegroups.com> <3b7cd0ec-70e4-458d-85a8-8e878877c2c1n@googlegroups.com> <BmqdnRyqU-XcFFf4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>
From: ross.a.finlayson@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 12:02:50 -0800
 by: Ross Finlayson - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 20:02 UTC

The measure-theoretic aspects of iota-values, here
just happens to be in a longer discussion about quantifier
disambiguation, with a usual sort of mention of Feferman
into quantifier disambiguation or Nik Weaver and the FOM
list's impredicativity crowd.

The idea that quantifier disambiguation makes for a
first-class organization within the universal quantifier,

for-any the first, i.e. the next, ...
for-each for-any, for-any, ...

for-every a completion
for-all a completion and furthermore collection

has that this is a simplistic approach employing
the usual coverage of the usual meaning of the
distinction of these usual terms otherwise
reflecting the same thing, usually in terms
of quantifier comprehension, that here it's
a first-class thing about disambiguating quantifiers.

tech / sci.logic / Re: Quantifier swapping in set theory