Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 07:19:59 +0000
Subject: Is Slave Bay safe?
From: Anonymous@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 07:19 UTC

Does anyone know anything about the Slave Bay site? Is she trustworthy or is it just a big scam? Does anyone know of similar services?

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Is Slave Bay safe?

<2d6039a46dc412d5877d6c33e00e7bef@rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=770&group=rocksolid.shared.general#770

From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Re: Is Slave Bay safe?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 16:26:23 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 16:26 UTC

You mean this one here:

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Slaver%27s_Bay

Yeah, I hear it's quality merchandise. The best come from Astapor.

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: Is Slave Bay safe?

<c3cc7b19f1bceee702df03a8028c385a@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=840&group=rocksolid.shared.general#840

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 21:43:18 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:43 UTC

On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 07:19:59 +0000, Anonymous <Anonymous@news.novabbs.org>
said:

> Does anyone know anything about the Slave Bay site? Is she trustworthy or
> is it just a big scam? Does anyone know of similar services?

Short answer: No. It's a short route to a jail cell for a long, long, time.

Case in point:

Central GA man indicted for trying to sell 16-year-old girl on the dark web
By Karli Barnett
Published: Aug. 20, 2023 at 9:49 PM EDT
Updated: Aug. 20, 2023 at 11:01 PM EDT

https://www.atlantanewsfirst.com/2023/08/21/central-ga-man-indicted-trying-sell-16-year-old-girl-dark-web/

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - A Central Georgia man is accused of
trying to sell a teenage girl on the dark web.

Kelly Garrett Ivey was indicted in Jasper County on August 14th.

According to the arrest warrants, the alleged crimes happened in June, and
Ivey was arrested.

He was denied bond on July 11th, with the judge noting in the motion that he
"posed a significant danger."

The charges he was indicted on are as follows:

- Cruelty to Children in the First Degree

- Cruelty to Children in the Second Degree

- Trafficking of Persons for Sexual Servitude

- Three counts of Criminal Attempt to Commit a Felony, including kidnapping

The arrest report said Ivey "attempted to sell information about a 16-year-
old female, home address as well as places she regularly attends on the dark
web in order for her to be abducted, assaulted or otherwise harmed."

The website is called "Slave Bay," the indictment said, and it "featured
images of unclothed women on the same page as the said ad, and in the said
ad the accused did offer to sell information as to the location of
[the victim], a person the accused listed as a 17-year-old virgin female,
and the accused claimed to have the home address and places [the victim]
attended, and did post several images of her on the advertisement."

Atlanta News First was told the victim and Ivey may have known of each other
through a church they both attended at one point. This information was
confirmed by the pastor.

For the purposes of ensuring anonymity for the victim, Atlanta News First
has decided not to name the church.

With school and extracurricular activities resuming from the summer, Camila
Zolfaghari, Executive Director of Street Grace Georgia, a group that works
to prevent human trafficking, said students and parents need to be aware.

"They really need to watch their online presence. They need to understand
exploiters are online trying to meet them, trying to lure them, and
presenting as someone safe," she said.

"Have very open conversations with your kids," Zolfghari advised parents.
"Because they are experiencing all kinds of things through their phones, and
if we aren’t willing to talk about that thing with that child, they are just
going to assume it’s normal."

For more educational resources from Street Grace, visit here. [1]

Copyright 2023 WANF. All rights reserved.

[1] https://www.streetgrace.org/training/