Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 08:30:29 +0000
Subject: BBC News
From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
 by: rslight rss feeds - Mon, 20 Jun 2022 08:30 UTC

Rail strike: Travellers face reduced service ahead of rail strikes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61861040?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 8:06 AM
Last-minute talks are due to take place, but passengers are advised to avoid travel as services prepare to wind down.
--------------------
French elections: Macron loses majority as French vote fragments
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61859881?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 7:09 AM
Less than two months after re-election, the president loses control of the National Assembly.
--------------------
What now for Macron after poll setback?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61859595?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 19, 2022, 11:04 PM
The results confirm the French leader faces a tricky second term, our Paris correspondent writes.
--------------------
EasyJet to cut more flights over summer holidays
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61862788?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 7:42 AM
The airline has scaled back its plans after major airports announced caps on flight numbers.
--------------------
Energy firms face limit on direct debit overpayment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61860717?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 7:14 AM
Ofgem has accused some firms of using customer payments like an "interest-free company credit card".
--------------------
Trans swimmers banned from women's elite events
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/61853450?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 6:45 AM
Fina, swimming's world governing body, votes to stop transgender athletes from competing in women's elite races if they have gone through any part of the process of male puberty.
--------------------
Dozens killed and millions stranded by India and Bangladesh floods
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61670666?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 4:58 AM
Millions of others have been stranded as rescue workers struggle to reach those affected.
--------------------
Jeremy Hunt MP had cancer, ex health secretary reveals
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-61857712?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 5:14 AM
The ex-health secretary will run the Race for Life in July in Guildford in aid of cancer charities.
--------------------
Ed Sheeran was the UK's most-played artist of 2021
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61863323?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 8:10 AM
He also had the most-played single of the year with Bad Habits, while Tom Grennan came second.
--------------------
Ukraine warns of war: Kyiv warns of Russian escalation during EU bid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61861327?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 4:01 AM
EU leaders will vote on Kyiv's candidate status at a summit in Brussels later this week.
--------------------
New UK Army chief issues Russia rallying cry
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61858476?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 19, 2022, 1:29 PM
Gen Sir Patrick Sanders says the Army and allies need to be capable of defeating Russia in battle.
--------------------
Gustavo Petro: Colombia elects ex-rebel as first left-wing president
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-61860887?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 6:25 AM
Gustavo Petro, the former mayor of Bogota and ex-rebel fighter, defeats a millionaire businessman.
--------------------
Newspaper headlines: 'Network derailed' and 'summer of discontent'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-61860787?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 5:06 AM
The biggest rail strike in 30 years, which starts on Tuesday, leads nearly all the front pages.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Band members reunite after fleeing invasion
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61845941?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 19, 2022, 11:02 PM
The four members used to speak mostly Russian but now say they cannot use the language of their oppressors.
--------------------
In photos: Throwback to life on Indian streets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61781505?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 19, 2022, 11:22 PM
A selection of street pictures in India by some of the country's most acclaimed photographers.
--------------------
'People used to make fun of my scarring'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-61814350?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 19, 2022, 11:07 PM
Chrissie Riedhofer has spent most of her life learning to cope with people staring at her.
--------------------
Ms Marvel: 'I felt I belonged on set'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-61828735?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 18, 2022, 11:09 PM
Iman Vellani plays Marvel’s first Muslim superhero headliner and says she could relate to the role.
--------------------
International Space Station captured travelling in front of sun
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-61856975?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 7:50 AM
Jamie Cooper planned for days to capture the moment, which lasted for less than a second.
--------------------
How Gabon saved its forest elephants
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-61832589?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 18, 2022, 11:16 PM
Biologist Lee White explains how creating national parks revived Gabon’s elephant population.
--------------------
County lines: Inside the complex battle against drug gangs exploiting children
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61835100?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 12:03 AM
The BBC has been given access to a new team that has to decide if children are criminals or victims.
--------------------
Train strike: How much are rail workers paid?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61840077?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 8:01 AM
There have been different claims made about how much rail workers get paid.
--------------------
Sudden unexplained death in childhood: 'Why did my beautiful son die?'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61177113?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 12:04 AM
Cot deaths have inspired much awareness work - but what about when an older child dies unexpectedly?
--------------------
The secret to saving mountain gorillas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61788828?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 19, 2022, 11:31 PM
Justin Rowlatt finds out what gorilla conservation can teach us about protecting other species.
--------------------
Patrice Lumumba: Why a tooth is all that remains of the Congolese hero
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-61838781?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 19, 2022, 11:33 PM
All that remains of Congo's murdered leader Patrice Lumumba is being handed to his family in Brussels.
--------------------
'What are we supposed to feed our babies?'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61752799?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 18, 2022, 11:30 PM
As the US grapples with a formula crisis, parents are turning to the black market for supplies.
--------------------
Rail strike: When is it and which lines will be affected?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61634959?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 8:16 AM
Railway workers have voted to go on strike over pay and jobs.
--------------------
US Open 2022: Matt Fitzpatrick wins first major at Brookline Country Club
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/61855205?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 1:20 AM
England's Matt Fitzpatrick claims the US Open title with a one-shot victory at Brookline Country Club.
--------------------
Canadian Grand Prix: Podium gives Lewis Hamilton 'hope' but Mercedes 'managing expectations'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61860604?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 1:29 AM
Lewis Hamilton says his podium in Canada gives him hope that Mercedes can return to competitiveness this year, but his team boss has urged caution.
--------------------
US Open 2022: Highlights - Brilliant Fitzpatrick wins US Open
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/golf/61860699?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 19, 2022, 11:53 PM
Watch highlights of Matt Fitzpatrick's final round as he shoots a two-under par 68 to win the US Open by one shot at the Brookline Country Club, Boston.
--------------------
Jason Roy backs England one-day captain Eoin Morgan to recover form after latest duck
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61860567?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 19, 2022, 8:33 PM
Jason Roy backs Eoin Morgan to rediscover his one-day form after the England captain was out for a second successive duck against the Netherlands.
--------------------
Hollie Doyle first female jockey to win a French Classic as Nashwa claims French Oaks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/61859260?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 19, 2022, 3:19 PM
England's Hollie Doyle becomes the first female jockey to win a French Classic race with victory on Nashwa in the French Oaks at Chantilly.
Matt Fitzpatrick: US Open champion on 'hit and hope' bunker shot that led to win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/61861107?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 20, 2022, 2:31 AM
Matt Fitzpatrick admits that "one of the best shots" he has ever hit that led to him winning the US Open in Boston, was actually a "hit and hope".

Click here to read the complete article