From: linuxgirl@anon.com (linuxgirl)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Subject: Android hacking
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 02:35:44+0000
 by: linuxgirl - Mon, 16 Sep 2019 02:35 UTC

Can anyone tell me what the easiest way is to obtain an sms dump from an android device (not mine, but my partners - he is aware of what I'm trying to do for testing security on both our devices, but is not giving me access to his phone as that would be too easy) on the same wifi network, without knowing passcode to get into phone and without being able to manually install any spy apps?

Posted on def4

Re: Android hacking

<508cacc38b82c74b7d8c0f3e5644cb48$1@z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=71&group=rocksolid.shared.hacking#71

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Subject: Re: Android hacking
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 05:53:32 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="21148"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@def2.org"
 by: anonymous - Mon, 16 Sep 2019 05:53 UTC

I guess you will have to root the device from which you want the SMS dump.
If you do not have (or don't want to use) physical access to the device,
you will have to exploit one of the interfaces that is remotely accessible
(like wifi or bluetooth).
Bluetooth had some weaknesses, discovered just recently if I remember
correctly. Anyway, this will be some tedious work.
Maybe some social engineering or trickery are easier. Could you try to
lure your victim into using a fake access point ?
Posted on def2

Re: Android hacking

<f15c923d11ef6a0a7e84fbea5ba248ad$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=86&group=rocksolid.shared.hacking#86

From: souhail@rslight.i2p (souhail)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 17:49:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: souhail - Thu, 10 Oct 2019 17:49 UTC

For android you don't have much options
first a FUD malware for dumping sms data only less permissions less
suspicious
second exploiting an application vulnerability example the last one via
whatsapp
https://github.com/dorkerdevil/CVE-2019-11932
third exploiting adb with phonesploit

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Android hacking

<153873ceb947c4fbb66d674174acb7c4$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=90&group=rocksolid.shared.hacking#90

From: ozzyisreal@rslight.i2p (ozzyisreal)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 21:50:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: ozzyisreal - Sat, 12 Oct 2019 21:50 UTC

Hello gentleman, clone on the website that I request and I don't know how
to change the IP to the exploit, would you be so kind as to explain us?
Thank you

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Android hacking

<c37b31fa2016576a4984ac63282a5e5b@news.novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=368&group=rocksolid.shared.hacking#368

From: Anonymous@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 04:10:23 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 04:10 UTC

linuxgirl wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the easiest way is to obtain an sms dump from an android device (not mine, but my partners - he is aware of what I'm trying to do for testing security on both our devices, but is not giving me access to his phone as that would be too easy) on the same wifi network, without knowing passcode to get into phone and without being able to manually install any spy apps?

> Posted on def4

I've been researching the same thing recently. My idea is to look into BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) exploits. Not sure I'm headed in the right direction but as I understand it the only difference between Bluetooth Classic (which is meant for short distances like for headphones and speakers) and low power longer distance up to I believe 300ft is just a software update. It uses the same hardware so say like a phone receives an update that enables BLE then you might find a way in. I can't help beyond this because I'm just now starting to research that path.

If anybody has anything to add or to correct me on my way of thinking please do so. I'd be interested to know if this is a plausible method or not.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Android hacking

<2b0dced2a17036df039cb819de47fa50@news.novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=369&group=rocksolid.shared.hacking#369

From: Anonymous@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.hacking
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 10:28:33 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 10:28 UTC

hi
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light