From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: What is the maximum length of a URL in I2P ?
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 20:06:20+0000
 by: anon - Fri, 25 May 2018 20:06 UTC

I notice that if I attach a fairly long string to an existing i2p address, I don't get a 404, but the proxy just displays a blank page.
Anybody knows where exactly the limit is and if it can be changed ?

cheers

wed

Posted on def4.i2p

Re: What is the maximum length of a URL in I2P ?

<3fc374737a51c975a3d31ecbe63ec63c$1@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=648&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#648

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
To: anon
Subject: Re: What is the maximum length of a URL in I2P ?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 10:20:03 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 26 May 2018 17:20 UTC

anon wrote:

> I notice that if I attach a fairly long string to an existing i2p address, I
don't get a 404, but the proxy just displays a blank page.
> Anybody knows where exactly the limit is and if it can be changed ?

Could it be the web server, not the router causing that?

I ask because I just attached a ridiculously long string to an i2p address
and got a 404. When I attached a monstrous string, I got a 403 Forbidden.
This is with an apache web server.

Retro Guy

Posted on RetroBBS.

Re: What is the maximum length of a URL in I2P ?

<cc448e156c5ce796b5dfc8b3e3d0e50a$1@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=649&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#649

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
To: Retro Guy
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 10:22:03 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 26 May 2018 17:22 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> anon wrote:

>> I notice that if I attach a fairly long string to an existing i2p address,
> don't get a 404, but the proxy just displays a blank page.
>> Anybody knows where exactly the limit is and if it can be changed ?

> Could it be the web server, not the router causing that?

> I ask because I just attached a ridiculously long string to an i2p address
> and got a 404. When I attached a monstrous string, I got a 403 Forbidden.
> This is with an apache web server.

I just got exactly the same result without using i2p, but with the same
web server (404 then 403).

Retro Guy

Posted on RetroBBS.