From: larrywolff@larrywolff.net (Larry Wolff)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: export contacts/messages/calls to standard formats without using the cloud
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:52:07 -0400
 by: Larry Wolff - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 21:52 UTC

I want to back up my contacts, call logs, and messages before wiping them.

I have no desire to put anything on the cloud at any point in time
since this is all highly personal data so it should stay on the device.

Once it's backed up, I will copy it to an external hard drive before
wiping out the phone completely by running a factory reset (which I already
started to do by wiping out the Google account that was on the phone).

I installed this program which exported contacts and call logs but it
didn't export them to a "normal" format but to an oddball "json" format.

SMS Import / Export
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.tmo1.sms_ie/
Export/Import contacts
Export/Import call log
Export/Import messages
Wipe SMS/MMS messages

Do you know of a better free no-ad program to export contacts to VCF and to
export the call logs & messages to something normal before wiping them?

computers / comp.mobile.android / export contacts/messages/calls to standard formats without using the cloud