From: retroguy@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Handle moderated groups in RSLight
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:25:41 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:25 UTC

I've just added a commit that attempts to handle posting to moderated newsgroups without duplicate posts.

Groups are now checked for moderation flag and are NOT immediately added to the article database locally. The check is dependent on the upstream server, RSLight does not support local only moderated groups.

Your upstream server (remote_server) must respond to 'list active <group>' with flags properly. Once a group is checked, it is logged locally and not checked again.

When posting to a moderated group, the "Message Posted" response is replaced with a notice that the article is queued for moderation.

The idea is that when you post to a moderated group, the article is sent to the upstream server to handle emailing to moderator. Only when the article is approved and received by the upstream server will it appear in RSLight.

Or more simply, moderated groups should work properly now.

--
Retro Guy

Re: Handle moderated groups in RSLight

<uvm3dp$10gbi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=480&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#480

From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Re: Handle moderated groups in RSLight
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 16:53:44 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:53 UTC

On 16.04.2024 um 14:25 Uhr Retro Guy wrote:

> The idea is that when you post to a moderated group, the article is
> sent to the upstream server to handle emailing to moderator. Only
> when the article is approved and received by the upstream server will
> it appear in RSLight.
>
> Or more simply, moderated groups should work properly now.

Thanks for implementing that!

--
kind regards
Marco