From: retroguy@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Proper type handling for NoCeM
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 13:06:18 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 13:06 UTC

I have pushed two commits today regarding nocem.

One is for the tool (in tools) to generate nocem, which now has a config variable for they 'type'. Previously, you would have needed to edit the code.

The other is for applying nocem in rslight. While rslight already supported nocem, it did not read the 'type', and would apply any nocem as long as the signature passed (so you had imported the key).

Now it checks the issuer and type before applying (you still need the public key, of course). The config file (nocem.conf) is very similar to the inn nocem config file. An example copy is provided.

I've tried to test this as best I can, but if you find bugs, please let me know.

--
Retro Guy