From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Eyes are the window to the soul
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 18:10:10+0000
 by: anon - Mon, 3 Sep 2018 18:10 UTC

....they say, but this shit is scray:

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2018.00105/full

says there it is enough to scan eye movements to make a fairly reasonable estimation on your personality.
if this can be done with webcams, mobiles and the like, the tech giants will get deeper in our brain then they already are.
tinfoil hats away.

Posted on def4.i2p

Re: Eyes are the window to the soul

<5606d380be3d18560fd0819778c114ba@def4.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=468&group=rocksolid.shared.news#468

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Re: Eyes are the window to the soul
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 07:47:19+0000
 by: anon - Tue, 4 Sep 2018 07:47 UTC

> if this can be done with webcams, mobiles and the like.

This doesn't seam to be the case relative to the report you sent unless you throw in the IoT botnet and that may sill not work. It seams your eyes must be tracked just enough during tasks which expose those variables to calculate a personality based off the big five personality traits. Which "could" be achieved with malicious mobile apps.

> Binocular gaze data were tracked using a state-of-the-art head-mounted video-based eye tracker from SensorMotoric Instruments (SMI) at 60Hz. The tracker has a reported gaze estimation accuracy of 0.5° and precision of 0.1°. The tracker recorded gaze data, along with a high-resolution scene video on a mobile phone that was carried in a cross-body bag.

These are rather strict variables to be able to figure out those five from eye moments even from IoT mounted cameras plus a phone that's used at all times but if something like google glass took off or we start all wearing VR headsets at all waking hours then it seams passable.

If you aren't using a "smart" phone or some head mounted gear you would be more scared of something like remote viewing from shady military research or your medical records. Saying you actually believed remote viewing to be real or that your medical records contain more than you anticipated.

Posted on def4.i2p

Re: Eyes are the window to the soul

<fc2f93556bad16f2026a1e33ed7007d2@def4.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=471&group=rocksolid.shared.news#471

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 20:35:22+0000
 by: anon - Thu, 6 Sep 2018 20:35 UTC

thanks for this comment, i was more stunned by the method as such, and did not pay attention to the details.
once you do, the picture is a bit different. but still, thinking 10 or 20 years ahead...

all i was thinking was:
it is quite easy to get an impression on another human being looking the person in the eyes. for a human being. now machines can do the same thing (or are on their way).

Posted on def4.i2p

Re: Eyes are the window to the soul

<05fe1495572ccb6ab655c1da2480d9d2$1@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=472&group=rocksolid.shared.news#472

From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (AnonUser)
To: anon
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 12:33:31 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
 by: AnonUser - Sat, 8 Sep 2018 19:33 UTC

anon wrote:

> thanks for this comment, i was more stunned by the method as such, and did
not pay attention to the details.
> once you do, the picture is a bit different. but still, thinking 10 or 20
years ahead...

> all i was thinking was:
> it is quite easy to get an impression on another human being looking the
person in the eyes. for a human being. now machines can do the same thing (or
are on their way).

no saying how far it will get in 10 or 20 years, i assume the interest is
there as agencies would like to read your mind 24/7 if they could.