From: "Retro Guy"@retrobbs.synchro.net (Retro Guy)
To: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Re: DoveNet/Freenet
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:26:18 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 31 Aug 2017 19:26 UTC

On 08/31/2017 04:57 AM, wed wrote:
>> Later on, we may be able to provide small virtual machines with a
>> server node mostly set up to those who would like to run one.
>
> That is one good idea. Could even include a fully setup forum
> installation and everything. That would basically allow everybody to run
> a node who has mastered the setup of i2p/tor/whatever.
>
> For the configuration of inn2: thanks for the hints, I think I can get
> my head around readers.conf
> However, this will only enable other servers or clients to update to and
> from my server. I think that I also need to configure my server so that
> it updates yours (like Fud is doing today). Should be the same in the
> setup you want to try. This should be handled in /etc/newsfeeds.
>
> wed

Something I'm trying to wrap my mind around right now is how we handle
hostnames. inn takes the hostname very seriously. In fact, I just broke
my connection with synchronet temporarily due to a misconfigured hostname.

The issue is that when connections come in via i2p or tor, they all have
the same ip address (to inn). I'm trying to learn how this will affect
connections to multiple inn systems. At this point I don't really know,
so I'm trying to learn.

Retro Guy

Re: DoveNet/Freenet

<oopd4s$b2p$1@retrobbs2.retrobbs.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=467&group=rocksolid.shared.general#467

From: wed@retrobbs.synchro.net (wed)
To: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 01:01:03 +0000
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: wed - Thu, 7 Sep 2017 01:01 UTC

>At this point I don't really know,
>so I'm trying to learn.

Don't we all ? Thanks to your hints in the mail I finally got inn2 going, so results should be showing latest this we.

But I sense that before we can include new nodes, there will be a lot of testing down the road. This will be a longer walk than anticipated,
and I would like to have everything as the name says before we invite others to join.

We are probably looking at Q4 before this happens. One good news: I might have found a way to solve the problem of the sessions in fud. Needs testing though.

Best regards

wed
--
-message sent by wed-
Posted by:wed <wed@retrobbs.synchro.net>

Re: DoveNet/Freenet

<59B1078F.37.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=468&group=rocksolid.shared.general#468

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.synchro.net (Retro Guy)
To: wed
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 08:47:13 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 7 Sep 2017 15:47 UTC

On 09/06/2017 11:01 AM, wed wrote:
>> At this point I don't really know, so I'm trying to learn.
>
> Don't we all ? Thanks to your hints in the mail I finally got inn2
> going, so results should be showing latest this we.
>
> But I sense that before we can include new nodes, there will be a lot of
> testing down the road. This will be a longer walk than anticipated,
> and I would like to have everything as the name says before we invite
> others to join.

I agree. Things are going well, but we should be able to anticipate
issues before involving anyone else. I look forward to you're server
syncing with mine. It works fine with me syncing two servers, I think it
will go well.

> We are probably looking at Q4 before this happens. One good news: I
> might have found a way to solve the problem of the sessions in fud.
> Needs testing though.
>
> Best regards
>
> wed

That is good news! Please let me know if I can help in testing fud.

Retro Guy