From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: OpenJDK18 + Kaisen Linux testing 4 Reckless BIG Boys!
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 23:49:22 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 23:49 UTC

I got tired of sloppy work from a number of OSes and I decided to give Kaisen a try. It is pronounced Ka:Zen so there could be no harm... Anyway it looks like Parrot or Kali with a lot more tools. It contains about 90% of my go to software tools but it is missing the BIOS tools (see UBCD and other).

WHAT Keisen is lacking is GPSD! GPSD is not only for accurate time but you can use the last 3 digits from time offset (run gpsd in terminal) to get random numbers... I guess the IT professional has accurate atomic time and a RandomNumberGenerator device handy in his Faraday cage bunker!

Will see how the OS tests but so far looks good!

Size: 4.8 GiB (5,172,506,624 bytes)

CheckSums:
SHA256: e32338c1c312f85c99a898056fc27dcdba943831

Postman Links: http://tracker2.postman.i2p/index.php?view=TorrentDetail&id=66189

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:26d2cf205497bc8eb3c42bce7666e6ea43681fbb&dn=kaisenlinuxrolling2.2RC1-amd64-XFCE.iso&tr=http://tracker2.postman.i2p/announce.php

GUIX PACK (all instructions assume that you copied gnu and opt directory in your home directory which in my case is /home/amnesia)

1. OpenJDK18

I installed i2p+ from Documents but you should be able to install any Java router.

$ cd /home/amnesia/opt/gnu/bin
$ ./java -jar /home/amnesia/Documents/i2pinstall_1.9.0+.exe
You have to go to your install directory (i2p is default but mine is different) and edit (gedit?) line 30 of wrapper.config
wrapper.java.command=/home/amnesia/opt/gnu/bin/java
Optional if you have memory to burn:
line 116 and 129 You can change those numbers to 512 and 1024
No problems with i2p+.
MuWire I let run on Java 15 (the default Java for Keisen) because I don't have time to explain to Master Zab that ./MuWire --path2java=bla,bla,bla for people that have several versions of Java : IS NEEDED!
$ ./MuWire
WARNING: package com.apple.laf not in java.desktop
WARNING: package com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows not in java.desktop

(process:3730): dconf-WARNING **: 15:59:30.327: unable to open file '/etc/dconf/db/kaisen': Failed to open file “/etc/dconf/db/kaisen”: open() failed: No such file or directory; expect degraded performance

MuWire degrades performance considerably so it is best not to use it. The percentage of routers that use MuWire droped from 60% to bellow 30% "fucking mistery".

You can test the other goodies like independent Snark etc... When 3Z calls for testing, I imagine that SOME testing on a GUIX pack has been done. It takes a lot to find backdoors and I don't claim I tested this package thorouly (not at all).

2. Icecat 102.3 contains JShelter and Privacy Redirect. Somebody is reading 3Z forum. To many ways to configure to even open the subject!

3. Ungoogled-Chromium 106
To start ungoogled-chromium you need to execute in terminal:
$ ./chromium --incognito --no-sandbox

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2da1b5b392a9336be48d5a95e63bf7f627ebe79e&dn=GUIX-i2pd-caja-openjdk18-icecat102-UChromium106&tr=http://tracker2.postman.i2p/announce.php

I don't understand why 3z or idk does not post GUIX packs. I have a hell of a time with Drive Whatever (Postman) for APPs. Music and movies no efing problem. Software is HELL!

--
Posted on RetroBBS