A penny saved is a penny to squander. -- Ambrose Bierce

computers / Helpdesk / Re: syndie archives

SubjectAuthor
* syndie archiveswed
`* syndie archivesRetro_Guy
 `* syndie archivesAnonUser
  `* syndie archivesanon
   `* syndie archivesAnonUser
    `* syndie archiveswed
     `* syndie archivesAnonUser
      `* syndie archivesAnonUser
       `- syndie archivesAnonymous

1
Re: syndie archives

<p9tbai$ddp$1@novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=330&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#330

From: www-data@ms.com (wed)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Re: syndie archives
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 09:30:59 -0400
 by: wed - Mon, 2 Apr 2018 13:30 UTC

reposting because sync don't work.

i just found one archive that is working:

http://6d2tru665udiixwb7miyml7joxusehwmrbikyjjpwwwdpand2lza.
b32.i2p/
Posted on: def3.i2p

Re: syndie archives

<5DE78D8B-F4DA-4C20-AA4A-F907B19D6C53@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=331&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#331

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro_Guy)
To: wed <www-data@ms.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 22:14:37 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
user-agent: K-9 Mail for Android
mime-version: 1.0
content-type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
 by: Retro_Guy - Tue, 3 Apr 2018 05:14 UTC

On April 2, 2018 6:30:59 AM MST, wed <www-data@ms.com> wrote:
>reposting because sync don't work.
>
>i just found one archive that is working:
>
>http://6d2tru665udiixwb7miyml7joxusehwmrbikyjjpwwwdpand2lza.
>b32.i2p/
>Posted on: def3.i2p

I'll try it out.

--
Sent from my Rocksolid phone.

Re: syndie archives

<b380c4f6317101b5963621942d38dc55$1@rslight.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=332&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#332

From: AnonUser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 02:24:54 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="15061"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
 by: AnonUser - Wed, 27 Jun 2018 02:24 UTC

Syndie really needs a usable interface.

Posted on Rocksolid Light.

Re: syndie archives

<cc2cb88afb2fb64175a50ea19@def4.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=333&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#333

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 06:15:48+0000
 by: anon - Wed, 27 Jun 2018 06:15 UTC

if syndie was straight and easy to use, there would be no need for this site (and the whole project).
maybe one day...

Posted on def4.i2p

Re: syndie archives

<37de6b1fa78a753ceaf694292e6f63e5$1@rslight.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=334&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#334

From: AnonUser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 07:09:57 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="7517"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
 by: AnonUser - Wed, 27 Jun 2018 07:09 UTC

anon wrote:

> if syndie was straight and easy to use, there would be no need for this site
(and the whole project).
> maybe one day...

> Posted on def4.i2p

I read alot about syndie and all they things you can do with it. It sounds
great but it rarely finds anything and the interface sucks. It says you
can connect all sorts of things to it but there's no hint on how to do any
of it.
A problem I think in i2p and freenet is that devs design what they like
and when people ask about it or ask questions they don't offer any help
other than you don't know what you're doing. Not all devs it's just
something I've noticed in i2p and freenet.
Posted on Rocksolid Light.

Re: syndie archives

<ph0cr0$1f7$1@novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=335&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#335

From: wed@retrobbs.synchro.net (wed)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 09:09:04 -0700
 by: wed - Wed, 27 Jun 2018 16:09 UTC

>A problem I think in i2p and freenet is that devs design
what they like
>and when people ask about it or ask questions they don't
offer any help
>other than you don't know what you're doing.

yeah, nerds programming for themselves and for other nerds.
in regards to anonymity this is particulary bad, because it
reduces drastically the number of people using your
software.

the tor people are leading in this one, they made their
software so easy that anybody can use it without problem.
Posted on RetroBBS II

Re: syndie archives

<3120071c31395831e33c3bb4d6ea42f1$1@rslight.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=336&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#336

From: AnonUser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:21:31 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="22899"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
 by: AnonUser - Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:21 UTC

wed wrote:

>>A problem I think in i2p and freenet is that devs design
> what they like
>>and when people ask about it or ask questions they don't
> offer any help
>>other than you don't know what you're doing.

> yeah, nerds programming for themselves and for other nerds.
> in regards to anonymity this is particulary bad, because it
> reduces drastically the number of people using your
> software.

If you follow some of the FMS groups in the past it's all about the
intricate details of Trust Lists, Trust List Trust, etc. When someone
posts and asks if it would be a good idea for FMS to do whatever, they
generally just get shut down. I understand the view of, "do it and let us
see", but not so much, "do it and let us see or stfu".

Not that FMS isn't welcoming, but it's more the users who stuck it out and
stick around that make it worthwhile.

> the tor people are leading in this one, they made their
> software so easy that anybody can use it without problem.
> Posted on RetroBBS II

Now that I think about it, the network that is easiest to use is also the
one funded by government agencies. Makes ya think a bit.

Posted on Rocksolid Light.

Re: syndie archives

<5c972687c2fb3254b00172acdc28682d$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=337&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#337

From: AnonUser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 10:36:57 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="18613"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
 by: AnonUser - Thu, 28 Jun 2018 10:36 UTC

> If you follow some of the FMS groups in the past it's all about the
> intricate details of Trust Lists, Trust List Trust, etc. When someone
> posts and asks if it would be a good idea for FMS to do whatever, they
> generally just get shut down. I understand the view of, "do it and let us
> see", but not so much, "do it and let us see or stfu".

Nice to see a Freenet dev just commented on this subject in FMS:

>>> Not to complain, I love what the devs have created! Just voicing my
opinions, which is kind of what Freenet is for isn't it?

>> Freenet developers couldn't and wouldn't care less.

> As a freenet developer who has written a lot about that problem here in
Freenet, I disagree. I do care. We do care. That's why there is Opennet:
people asked for it.

Posted on Rocksolid Light.

Re: syndie archives

<ph3aqf$3bc$1@novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=338&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#338

From: retrobbs2@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 18:53:03 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 28 Jun 2018 18:53 UTC

>Now that I think about it, the network that is easiest to
use is also the
>one funded by government agencies. Makes ya think a bit.

maybe, maybe not. could also be that the different scope
makes tor easier to run plug-and-play style (compared with
i2p and freenet, the scope of tor is different and also less
complex).
the fact that some government funding goes to tor does not
mean imo that it is backdoored or weakly designed by
intention (although it could be, of course). there is a
pretty strong statement from the nsa though that describes
tor as tough to crack, from 2015 or so. this was about
tracking users, mind you, not the hidden services.

i also don't think that the devs of anonymizing software
don't care, i think they care a lot. otherwise they would
not do what they do at all.
i just think that they are mainly very technical people,
having people like themselves as the target user in mind.
while this is the same approach as in many linux programs,
in this case it has an influence in how far you can achieve
the goals of your software (if one of your goals is
anonymity, you need big user numbers, because it will
improve the result for all).
Posted on RetroBBS II