From: deletethis@invalid.lan (noel)
Subject: Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration
nntp servers?
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.software.nntp
Date: 22 Feb 2023 07:23:45 +1000
 by: noel - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:23 UTC

On Sat, 18 Feb 2023 15:28:07 +0000, William Stickers wrote:

> Grant Taylor wrote:
> {...}
>> Maybe the RAID failure was the straw that broke the camel's back.
>
> More than likely. If he was bringing it back he'd have found a way to
> post something to that effect. His silence is deafening.

Since their MX's still function it sounds like it, or at least notified
their peers, neither paolo or steve have responded to multiple emails
from myself and at least 2 other peers, that alone is very poor showing,
for me, if they dont reply by end of month, I'm removing their feeds, its
only common courtesy to say "hey I got big issues i'll be back when I
can", but neither CBF even doing that.

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<tt550l$1h49d$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3043&group=alt.free.newsservers#3043

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
nntp servers?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 13:23:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 13:23 UTC

I'm deleting the moronic crosspost as NNTP isn't being discussed.

noel <deletethis@invalid.lan> wrote:
>On Sat, 18 Feb 2023 15:28:07 +0000, William Stickers wrote:
>>Grant Taylor wrote:

>>{...}
>>>Maybe the RAID failure was the straw that broke the camel's back.

>>More than likely. If he was bringing it back he'd have found a way to
>>post something to that effect. His silence is deafening.

>Since their MX's still function it sounds like it, or at least notified
>their peers, neither paolo or steve have responded to multiple emails
>from myself and at least 2 other peers, that alone is very poor showing,
>for me, if they dont reply by end of month, I'm removing their feeds, its
>only common courtesy to say "hey I got big issues i'll be back when I
>can", but neither CBF even doing that.

If the servers are off line, there's nothing to peer with. I don't
understand why this is an issue for you. Paolo said something about the
RAID failure and doesn't really owe you further explanation. I have no
idea if Steve said anything.

What's the big deal about re-establishing peering should the News sites
come back on line?

computers / alt.free.newsservers / Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?