From: "Dan Purgert <dan"@purgert.net (Dan Purgert)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Subject: Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 16:33:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Purgert - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 16:33 UTC

Jesse Rehmer wrote on Sun, 3 Jul 2022 20:14:58 -0000 (UTC):

> Seems like it stopped? I don't follow the group, but did a quick check and
> seems like it has subsided.
>
> Probably the only entity that can be effective in stopping the drivel is
> whomever answers the usenet@bofh.team e-mail. The only other way would be to
> get every Usenet server administrator to poison their Path so the articles are
> not propagated, but that'll never happen.

I think alt.checkmate was banned by the bofh.team which likely stopped it.

You have to wonder at what kind of person enjoys taking a newsgroup down.
Everyone loses because of these people.

Not that alt.checkmate had any value to begin with, at least not to me,
but probably someone found value in that newsgroup which is now no longer.

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<MPG.3e5ea33c79a266d698b241@usnews.blocknews.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3014&group=alt.free.newsservers#3014

From: nomail@invalid.invalid (Skeeter)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 09:46:06 -0700
 by: Skeeter - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 16:46 UTC

In article <tt2rpd$27oi6$1@paganini.bofh.team>, dan"@purgert.net>
says...
> Not that alt.checkmate had any value to begin with, at least not to me,
> but probably someone found value in that newsgroup which is now no longer.

Stay scared little fella.

Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?

<tt33rn$28j9p$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3015&group=alt.free.newsservers#3015

From: cnovins@office.org (cnovins)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 18:51:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: cnovins - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 18:51 UTC

On 21 Feb 2023, Dan Purgert <"Dan Purgert <dan"@purgert.net>> posted
some news:tt2rpd$27oi6$1@paganini.bofh.team:

> Jesse Rehmer wrote on Sun, 3 Jul 2022 20:14:58 -0000 (UTC):
>
>> Seems like it stopped? I don't follow the group, but did a quick
>> check and seems like it has subsided.
>>
>> Probably the only entity that can be effective in stopping the drivel
>> is whomever answers the usenet@bofh.team e-mail. The only other way
>> would be to get every Usenet server administrator to poison their
>> Path so the articles are not propagated, but that'll never happen.
>
> I think alt.checkmate was banned by the bofh.team which likely stopped
> it.
>
> You have to wonder at what kind of person enjoys taking a newsgroup
> down. Everyone loses because of these people.
>
> Not that alt.checkmate had any value to begin with, at least not to
> me, but probably someone found value in that newsgroup which is now no
> longer.

If there was ever a retard who needed their balls cut off with white hot
tin snips it's this one.

Newsgroups: alt.checkmate
From: % <pursent100@gmail.com>
Subject: THIS IS TO MY SECRET BONE HEAD
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 18:50:35 -0700

..

hi

computers / alt.free.newsservers / Re: Would someone mind doing something about the flood in alt.checkmate?