A soft drink turneth away company.

interests / News / Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again

SubjectAuthor
* fucking eu fuckers are at it againanon
+* fucking eu fuckers are at it again437585782
|`* fucking eu fuckers are at it againAnonUser
| `- fucking eu fuckers are at it again2893293829
+- fucking eu fuckers are at it again324234234
+- fucking eu fuckers are at it againAnonUser
`* fucking eu fuckers are at it againanon
 `* fucking eu fuckers are at it againAnonUser
  `* fucking eu fuckers are at it againanon
   `- fucking eu fuckers are at it againGuest

1
Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again

<pvdabd$v0t$1@def3.retrobbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=3&group=rocksolid.shared.news#3

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 17:30:30 -0500
 by: Guest - Wed, 19 Dec 2018 22:30 UTC

My take is that eventualy there will be rolling blackouts... like in the 3rd world so all this ISPs and crypto will be
in big shit. Let me pull a copy of your file while I'm at it...
Posted on: def3.i2p

Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again

<b8bde8239f6ec052bb2512e7ed5b65e7@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8&group=rocksolid.shared.news#8

From: 437585782@anon.com (437585782)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 11:13:58+0000
 by: 437585782 - Sun, 20 Jan 2019 11:13 UTC

Sseems like it is stopped for now (https://juliareda.eu/2019/01/copyright-hits_wall/).
Interestingly enough, seems like the reasons to stop seem to be coming from both sides (too much Orwell vs not enough Orwell). Oh well, as long as it is stopped I will not complain.

Posted on def4

Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again

<bb2e36aea3fc9f715e9aea4c878ff111@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=26&group=rocksolid.shared.news#26

From: 2893293829@anon.com (2893293829)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 05:35:53+0000
 by: 2893293829 - Thu, 14 Feb 2019 05:35 UTC

and once more, the eu is just one vote away from desaster:

https://juliareda.eu/2019/02/eu-copyright-final-text/

Article 13: Upload filters

Parliament negotiator Axel Voss accepted the deal between France and Germany I laid out in a recent blog post:

Commercial sites and apps where users can post material must make “best efforts” to preemptively buy licences for anything that users may possibly upload – that is: all copyrighted content in the world. An impossible feat.
In addition, all but very few sites (those both tiny and very new) will need to do everything in their power to prevent anything from ever going online that may be an unauthorised copy of a work that a rightsholder has registered with the platform. They will have no choice but to deploy upload filters, which are by their nature both expensive and error-prone.
Should a court ever find their licensing or filtering efforts not fierce enough, sites are directly liable for infringements as if they had committed them themselves. This massive threat will lead platforms to over-comply with these rules to stay on the safe side, further worsening the impact on our freedom of speech.

Article 11
Article 11: The “link tax”

The final version of this extra copyright for news sites closely resembles the version that already failed in Germany – only this time not limited to search engines and news aggregators, meaning it will do damage to a lot more websites.

Reproducing more than “single words or very short extracts” of news stories will require a licence. That will likely cover many of the snippets commonly shown alongside links today in order to give you an idea of what they lead to. We will have to wait and see how courts interpret what “very short” means in practice – until then, hyperlinking (with snippets) will be mired in legal uncertainty.
No exceptions are made even for services run by individuals, small companies or non-profits, which probably includes any monetised blogs or websites.

Posted on def4

Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again

<684ab97547e53e8b085f920a3c4a0688@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=29&group=rocksolid.shared.news#29

From: 324234234@anon.com (324234234)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 14:40:23+0000
 by: 324234234 - Fri, 8 Mar 2019 14:40 UTC

Julia Rheda might be one of the very few politicians it might be actually worth to listen to. Here is another dirty detail of this disgusting agenda:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Senficon/status/1103582295523553280

Julia Reda Verified Account
@Senficon
I know now how the @europarl_EN came to publish an extremely biased video for the #copyright reform. The good news, it doesn't look like the administration deliberately tried to manipulate the public debate. What actually happened is equally worrying, though: #SaveyourInternet pic.twitter.com/PfcfGI5xOM
1:04 AM - 7 Mar 2019
Twitter
by: Julia Reda @Senficon
Reply Retweet Like More
Julia Reda Julia Reda
@Senficon
Mar 7
Replying to @Senficon
The fact that #AFP paid a lobby agency to influence the #copyright vote last September, particularly to push through #Article11, was uncovered by French magazine La Lettre A last year: lalettrea.fr/medias_presse-… #SaveYourInternet
View conversation · Reply Retweet Like
Julia Reda Julia Reda
@Senficon
Mar 7
Replying to @Europarl_EN
In August, I showed that #AFP was mixing its lobbying activity for #copyright reform and particularly #Article11 with its news reporting, which should be independent. Making the video for @Europarl_EN is a blatant conflict of interest. twitter.com/senficon/statu… #SaveYourInternet
View conversation · Reply Retweet Like
Julia Reda Julia Reda
@Senficon
Mar 7
Replying to @Senficon
In case you missed it, this is the video in question: twitter.com/Europarl_DE/st… #SaveYourInternet
View conversation · Reply Retweet Like

Posted on def4

fucking eu fuckers are at it again

<a415868a9f1443d991c769fbd50485b6@def4.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=496&group=rocksolid.shared.news#496

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: fucking eu fuckers are at it again
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 21:32:21+0000
 by: anon - Mon, 3 Dec 2018 21:32 UTC

according to this paper (in english, https://cdn.netzpolitik.org/wp-upload/2018/11/2018-11-26_EU-Rat_E-Evidence-Verordnung.pdf), the plan is to force isps, hosters and providers to give user data away to any administration in the eu just asking for it, inside of 6 hours. if they don't comply it is a fine of up 2% of annual turnover.
another privacy desaster planned by the surveillance deep state fuckers.
why is there no revolution ?

Posted on def4.i2p

Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again

<57c6b9e9f34aebdc5c71a44dad255368$1@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=497&group=rocksolid.shared.news#497

From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (AnonUser)
To: anon
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 00:15:35 +0000
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
 by: AnonUser - Tue, 4 Dec 2018 00:15 UTC

Yet another intrusion into the workings of member countries.

And, insert standard scare tactic:

5. in order to effectively fight terrorism

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again

<a3cc9e4fc3caf0f3097947c1ad5a4486@def4.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=501&group=rocksolid.shared.news#501

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2018 16:27:19+0000
 by: anon - Fri, 7 Dec 2018 16:27 UTC

the australian (not austrian) parliament just passed a similar law, also using the terrorist propaganda approach:

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Bills_Legislation/Bills_Search_Results/Result?bId=r6195

Posted on def4.i2p

Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again

<292040662bd1525bfd0a3d27f2608cd3$1@rslight.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=502&group=rocksolid.shared.news#502

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 22:22:57 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="27927"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
 by: AnonUser - Fri, 7 Dec 2018 22:22 UTC

"make amendments contingent on the commencement of the Federal Circuit and
Family Court of Australia Act 2018; Administrative Decisions (Judicial
Review) Act 1977 to provide that certain decisions under the new
arrangements for industry assistance are not subject to judicial review;"

Great, no need to get the damn judges involved!

"enable ASIO to require a person with knowledge of a computer or a
computer system to provide assistance that is reasonable and necessary to
gain access to data on a device that is subject to an ASIO warrant."

I'm not sure I do my best breaking into a computer while at gunpoint.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light.

Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again

<79663809d378bcb5cfb9a436f8a36550@def4.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=503&group=rocksolid.shared.news#503

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2018 14:01:07+0000
 by: anon - Sat, 8 Dec 2018 14:01 UTC

>I'm not sure I do my best breaking into a computer while at gunpoint.

not sure that this is the meaning. I found this snippet:

(here: https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=45e65867-bf1d-4403-a9a7-6225048b60aa)

Quote:

The types of assistance ASIO may seek under these amendments, according to the Explanatory Memorandum, include compelling a target or a target’s associate to provide the password, pin code, sequence or fingerprint necessary to unlock a phone. The Minister for Home Affairs emphasised in his Second Reading Speech that the government was “not seeking to mandate so-called backdoors”, noting that the Bill specifically provided that companies could not be required to create systemic weaknesses in their encrypted products, or be required to build a decryption capability.

That sounds more like you would be obliged to open your own box/phone for them if required. Still, this is bad, but not nearly as bad as the thing you understood.

Any Aussies here that could know more maybe ?

Anyway, I am very certain that if they are really after something, they will find ways to make you talk in any event. Here they "just" want to increase their legal limits, not the limits of what they actually do.

Posted on def4.i2p

Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again

<f26dda7113097198722e65df38385101$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=506&group=rocksolid.shared.news#506

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 17:56:32 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="51420"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
 by: AnonUser - Sun, 20 Jan 2019 17:56 UTC

437585782 wrote:

> Sseems like it is stopped for now
(https://juliareda.eu/2019/01/copyright-hits_wall/).
> Interestingly enough, seems like the reasons to stop seem to be coming from
both sides (too much Orwell vs not enough Orwell). Oh well, as long as it is
stopped I will not complain.

"The outcome of today’s Council vote also shows that public attention to
the copyright reform is having an effect."

Nice to see but they'll never stop trying to slide things through.
Hopefully more and more people will realize it's not really about
copyright.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light.