Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 17:45:53 +0000
Subject: BBC News
From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
 by: rslight rss feeds - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 17:45 UTC

What is an American bully XL and why are they being banned?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66775985?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 3:28 PM
The dog can weigh more than nine stone (60kg) and be strong enough to overpower an adult.
--------------------
Lucy Letby to appeal against baby murder convictions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-66823777?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 4:12 PM
The nurse became the UK's most prolific child killer in modern times when she was convicted last month.
--------------------
Luis Rubiales given Spanish restraining order over World Cup kiss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66818691?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 2:44 PM
Prosecutors asked the court to bar Spain's ex-football president from approaching player Jenni Hermoso.
--------------------
Davis Cup 2023 results: Andy Murray misses gran's funeral to give Great Britain lead over Switzerland
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/66802755?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 5:17 PM
An emotional Andy Murray dedicates a hard-earned Davis Cup win to his grandmother Ellen after revealing he missed her funeral to play.
--------------------
O2 Academy Brixton can reopen once conditions are met - council
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66825942?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 5:20 PM
Lambeth Council says the venue can host events again if it meets 77 "robust" safety conditions.
--------------------
Morocco earthquake: The teacher who lost all 32 of her pupils
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-66818257?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 4:38 PM
A teacher tells the BBC all 32 of her pupils died after tremors struck a mountain village.
--------------------
Gabby Logan gets damages over false tax avoidance claims
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66817221?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 4:42 PM
Sports presenter Gabby Logan and husband Kenny receive a "six-figure" sum over a Mail Online story.
--------------------
Tata Steel: Port Talbot steelworks gets £500m by UK government
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66819458?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 3:46 PM
The deal between Port Talbot's steelworks and UK government will aim to reduce emissions.
--------------------
Sara Sharif's father, stepmother and uncle in court accused of her murder
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66817023?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 1:50 PM
Her father, stepmother and uncle, are also accused of causing or allowing the death of a child.
--------------------
Watch: Cars swept away in Libya flooding
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-66822697?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 1:55 PM
Large parts of the city of Derna were destroyed after two dams burst, with thousands killed.
--------------------
Twin red panda cubs born in Longleat breeding scheme
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-66817253?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 8:26 AM
The endangered pair of twin males are developing well and hitting key milestones at Longleat Safari Park.
--------------------
Iran's women a year after Mahsa Amini's death: 'I wear what I like now'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-66788392?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 4:00 AM
Iran's protests may have subsided, but women have found new ways to defy the country's regime.
--------------------
World Cup 2026: Could climate crisis impact the men's tournament?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66211285?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 5:05 AM
After a record-breaking summer of extreme temperatures in the US, BBC Sport looks at the possible impact on the 2026 World Cup.
--------------------
Quiz of the week: What dropped a hint we might not be alone?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-66808672?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 8:59 AM
How closely have you been paying attention to what's been going on over the past seven days?
--------------------
Top Boy finale not made to please everyone - star
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-66789815?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 10:08 AM
The popular Netflix drama's ending divided critics and fans after more than a decade on screens.
--------------------
Watch: September’s devastating floods… in 66 seconds
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/66824645?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 2:39 PM
A look back at some of the calamitous floods that have occurred around the world in just the first half of this month.
--------------------
Vogue World: Sienna Miller, Stormzy and more stars hit London fashion event's red carpet
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66808254?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 14, 2023, 9:02 PM
Baby bump-flashing Sienna Miller joins other stars like Kate Winslet and Stormzy at the fashion event.
--------------------
What Hunter Biden charges mean for the president
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66812603?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 5:40 AM
The outcome of the case will play a significant part in what promises to be a turbulent election cycle.
--------------------
'Grenfell, the Morocco earthquake - it's trauma after trauma'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-66798052?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 6:22 AM
Members of England's Moroccan communities tell the BBC how they have been affected by the earthquake.
--------------------
Chris Mason: Waiting lists, strikes and political promises
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66815893?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 14, 2023, 9:06 PM
Rishi Sunak has acknowledged that his promise to cut NHS waiting lists in England is in doubt.
--------------------
Patrick Kielty to give Late Late Show 'all-Ireland flavour'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-66815980?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 11:47 AM
The popular County Down-born comedian hosts RTÉ's flagship chat show for the first time tonight.
--------------------
Fernando Botero: Celebrated Colombian artist dies aged 91
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-66819339?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 5:31 PM
Colombia's best-known artist, he won worldwide fame with sculptures and paintings of rotund figures.
--------------------
UK's first school set up in partnership with orchestra opens
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66799608?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 4:00 PM
Shireland CBSO Academy in West Bromwich is a new school with music embedded in its curriculum.
--------------------
TikTok fined €345m over children's data privacy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66819174?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 3:41 PM
The complaint concerned how the social media app handled children's data in 2020.
--------------------
Wagner group formally banned as terror organisation in the UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66822833?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 2:57 PM
The move comes just weeks after the death of the group's founder Yevgeny Prigozhin.
--------------------
Train drivers announce two more strike days
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66817630?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 1:36 PM
The Aslef union announces its latest industrial action in the long-running row over pay and conditions.
--------------------
Meditate to beat stress blood pressure, say guidelines
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66807432?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 8:00 AM
There is enough scientific evidence for some less conventional "body and mind" approaches, say experts.
--------------------
Minister hid in cupboard to avoid Hillsborough families, ex-PM reveals
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-66815922?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 10:00 AM
Theresa May says the unnamed minister avoided the families by hiding in a cupboard in 2010.
--------------------
Greta Thunberg charged after blocking Sweden oil port for second time
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66818366?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 10:49 AM
The climate activist refused to end the protest, hours after being convicted of a similar offence.
--------------------
Judge to decide on ending critically ill baby girl's life support
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-66813322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 2:24 PM
Medics say they can do no more for six-month-old Indi but her parents are opposing the decision.
--------------------
England v Japan: Lewis Ludlam, Kyle Sinckler and Joe Marler start in Rugby World Cup match
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/66818827?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 4:18 PM
Lewis Ludlam, Joe Marler and Kyle Sinckler start with Billy Vunipola on the bench for England's Rugby World Cup match against Japan on Sunday.
--------------------
Red Bull worse than expected in Singapore - Verstappen
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/66821464?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 2:13 PM
Max Verstappen said Red Bull were "worse than we expected" after he ended Friday practice at the Singapore Grand Prix in eighth.
--------------------
Spanish players to continue women's national team boycott until FA undergoes more changes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66818080?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 3:30 PM
Thirty nine Spanish women's players - including most of the World Cup-winning squad - will continue their national team boycott until more changes take place at the country's football federation.
--------------------
Simona Halep: Why has two-time Grand Slam champion been banned from tennis for four years?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/66805953?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 12:04 PM
BBC Sport looks at the written reasons behind Simona Halep's four-year ban from tennis for anti-doping violations.
--------------------
Davis Cup 2023: Andy Murray dedicates Davis Cup win to grandmother
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/tennis/66813256?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 15, 2023, 4:11 PM
Great Britain's Andy Murray dedicates his Davis Cup win over Switzerland's Leandro Riedi to his grandmother, after revealing he was missing her funeral to play in the tournament.
--------------------
Food prices: How can I save money on my grocery shop?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61798003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 31, 2023, 10:57 AM
The cost-of-living crisis continues to bite. Here are some things that can reduce the impact.
--------------------
UK inflation rate calculator: How much are prices rising for you?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62558817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 16, 2023, 6:14 AM
Use our calculator to find out how much the cost of living is going up in your household.
--------------------
Mortgage rates: Five ways to save money
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65984415?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 10, 2023, 10:46 AM
Experts give advice for those who might be worried about their monthly mortgage payments.
--------------------
Fuel cost: How to save petrol and diesel
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61745697?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 3, 2023, 1:01 PM
With weak competition adding to fuel prices, are drivers doing the right things to save money?
--------------------
Debt: What do I do if I can't afford to pay?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64291327?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 23, 2023, 2:45 PM
What help and options are available to people struggling with debt repayments?
--------------------
How does GDP affect me?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13200758?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 13, 2023, 8:54 AM
A basic guide to how the economy is measured and why that calculation matters.
--------------------
Cost of living: Five tips when asking for a pay rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64288791?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 15, 2023, 10:33 AM
Recruiters, a manager and a workplace psychologist give their advice on how to negotiate for more money.
--------------------
What are your rights as a tenant?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65038459?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 21, 2023, 9:03 AM
With one in five people now renting in the UK, it's important to understand your rights as a tenant.
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is it so high?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 14, 2023, 2:50 PM
The rate at which prices are rising has fallen but remains well above the 2% inflation target.
--------------------
What is a recession and how could it affect me?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52986863?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 13, 2023, 11:04 AM
Britain's economy is predicted to shrink in 2023 but is not expected to fall into recession.
--------------------
State pension and triple lock: What is it worth and when do you get it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53082530?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 12, 2023, 7:29 AM
A second significant rise in the state pension is expected in April under what is known as the triple lock.
--------------------
Interest rates: How a rise affects you and your money
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57764601?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 16, 2023, 2:02 PM
The Bank of England has put up interest rates 14 times in a bid to slow price rises.
--------------------
How to get a job: Six expert tips for finding work
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64939070?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 14, 2023, 4:03 PM
There are 10m people out of work in the UK, so if you're searching for a job you're not alone. Here are some tips on how to get started.
--------------------
Five ways to save money on your packed lunch
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65312394?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
September 2, 2023, 11:40 PM
The lunchbox is back after the summer holidays so here are some top tips on making savings at lunchtime.
--------------------
What is happening to house prices, and could there be a crash?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63147101?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 1, 2023, 12:47 PM
How higher interest rates are changing the UK's housing market.
--------------------
Energy bills: What can I do if I can't afford to pay?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62435432?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 25, 2023, 2:22 PM
If you're struggling to afford your gas and electricity bills, what options are available?
--------------------
How to deal with a rent rise from your landlord
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63290805?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 17, 2022, 10:42 PM
The BBC's Lora Jones tells you four things you can do, if your landlord asks for more money.
--------------------
What are my rights if my flight is cancelled or delayed?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61646214?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 29, 2023, 2:58 PM
Technical glitches have caused disruption at airports but passengers do have rights.
--------------------
Why inflation is falling but prices are still rising
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64290160?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 19, 2023, 7:29 AM
We report this percentage every month but here are three things you may not know.
--------------------
Interest rate and mortgages: What you can do about rising payments
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66384295?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
August 3, 2023, 3:44 AM
Watch the BBC's Lora Jones tell you five things you can do about your mortgage, in a minute.
--------------------
Renting: Three ways to win the race to securing a property
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65089308?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 28, 2023, 11:14 PM
From being first in the queue to being more flexible, here are some tips on how to get ahead in the rental race.
--------------------
First time home buyers: How much can I borrow?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/65544554?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 12, 2023, 9:47 AM
With rents rising, more people are crunching the numbers to see if they can afford to buy.
Six tips for getting a job if you're over 50
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64625372?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 16, 2023, 11:05 AM
Recruiters and charities give their advice for anyone wanting to get back into work.

Click here to read the complete article