Newsgroups: news.software.nntp,alt.free.newsservers
From: fos@sdf.org
Subject: Re: Results of a test of mixmin posts, comparing the past few years
with today's results
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 18:06:50 GMT
 by: fos@sdf.org - Tue, 28 Feb 2023 18:06 UTC

On 2023-02-22, Andy Burnelli <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:
> 1. I've been using Mixmin via telnet scripts for many years.
> 2. These telnet scripts were written by Marek Novotny years ago.
> 3. They make use of Stunnel for Mixmin encryption on port 563.
> 4. In seconds they would show up as posted (as witnessed using a
> <http://groups.google.com/g/[insert-ng-here]> URI to check)

> Obviously, recently, the posts were severely delayed, where the delay
> was roughly about 8 hours based on the timestamps sent versus received.

> But some took longer, so it's not all messages getting the same delay.
> More to the point of the question, _look_ at the path below.

> Huh?
> Do you see "aioe" in that path?
> How did it get there?

perhaps aioe still has a transit (peering) server running and only its
reader is down.

--
SDF Public Access UNIX System - https://sdf.org

That which does not kill you makes you stranger.
-- Trevor Goodchild - AEon Flux

Re: Results of a test of mixmin posts, comparing the past few years with today's results

<63ff4121$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=24&group=news.software.nntp#24

From: deletethis@invalid.lan (noel)
with today's results
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp,alt.free.newsservers
Date: 1 Mar 2023 22:12:17 +1000
 by: noel - Wed, 1 Mar 2023 12:12 UTC

On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 18:06:50 +0000, fos wrote:

> perhaps aioe still has a transit (peering) server running and only its
> reader is down.

negative

Re: Results of a test of mixmin posts, comparing the past few years with today's results

<tu48ud$1k6be$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=29&group=news.software.nntp#29

From: mo01@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp,alt.free.newsservers
with today's results
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 09:40:45 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 08:40 UTC

Am 28.02.2023 um 18:06:50 Uhr schrieb fos@sdf.org:

> perhaps aioe still has a transit (peering) server running and only
> its reader is down.

According to E-S, they use newsfeed.aioe.org which points to
46.165.242.75.

I get ICMP dest unreachable.