Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 17:03:40 +0000
Subject: BBC News
From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 17:03 UTC

Parents urged to be aware of Strep A symptoms after death of six children
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63844880?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 3:04 PM
Health officials have issued a rare alert after a rise in cases across the UK and the death of six children.
--------------------
Channel crossings: Dozens of Albanian child migrants go missing
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-63845680?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 1:09 PM
Of 197 children taken in by Kent County Council this year, 39 are missing, figures show.
--------------------
Sacked Tory minister Conor Burns cleared of misconduct
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63845838?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 11:57 AM
Mr Burns, who was fired over allegations he touched a man's thigh, will be readmitted to Tory party.
--------------------
Pele in hospital: Messages of support from across football for Brazil great
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63846935?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 4:45 PM
Messages of support for Brazil great Pele are sent from across the world while the three-time World Cup winner is being treated in hospital.
--------------------
Ukraine war: New images show Russian army base built in occupied Mariupol
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63846154?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 12:50 PM
Russia captured Mariupol earlier this year, and the images suggest it is consolidating its presence.
--------------------
Kate Winslet: Parents feel powerless over children's social media use
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63832696?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 3:02 PM
The actress tells the BBC ministers should make firms enforce strict age limits on their platforms.
--------------------
Russian businessman arrested in oligarchs investigation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63846029?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 1:02 PM
A businessman is arrested on suspicion of money laundering at his multi-million-pound London home.
--------------------
Matt Hancock: I was warned 820,000 in UK could die from Covid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63842826?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 2:39 AM
Ex-health secretary's diary recalls conversations in government before the UK went into lockdown.
--------------------
Third charge after two boys stabbed to death in London
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63846031?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 1:04 PM
The deaths of Kearne Solanke and Charlie Bartolo, both 16, are being linked by detectives.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Price cap on Russian oil will hit Putin immediately - US
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63843893?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 1:58 PM
The G7 and Australia join the EU in imposing the cap of $60 a barrel meant to hit Russia's war chest.
--------------------
Viking Polaris: Passenger killed after 'rogue wave' hits cruise ship
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-63846157?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 2:28 PM
Four others were injured in the incident on board a cruise ship bound for Antarctica.
--------------------
Deal to return Elgin Marbles to Greece at advanced stage - reports
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63846449?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 2:06 PM
The British Museum is said to have held secret talks with Greece about returning the sculptures.
--------------------
Mortgages: What happens if I miss a payment?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63486782?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 1, 2022, 5:15 PM
Homeowners are worried about rising mortgage costs - but lenders must help those struggling.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'No-one likes us. We DO care. We are Millwall'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63836014?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 10:42 PM
Football clubs are supporting their communities as costs rise - from food banks to debt advice.
--------------------
Mortgage calculator: how much will my mortgage go up?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63474582?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 10:47 AM
Use our calculator to find out how much mortgage payments could go up for your household.
--------------------
Egg shortages: What's causing the problem and how long will it last?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63778665?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 30, 2022, 12:59 PM
The staple grocery is being rationed in some supermarkets - but why are there so few around?
--------------------
Cost of living: Vicar left in tears over community's food poverty
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63795448?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 7:01 AM
"I spend most Monday evenings in tears," says Father Dominic Cawdell, of St Peter's in Flintshire.
--------------------
Ros Atkins on... The UK’s home insulation problem
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63816641?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 1, 2022, 12:01 AM
BBC Analysis editor Ros Atkins looks at why millions of UK homes don’t have adequate home insulation – and what the government plans to do about it.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'Christmas is coming but everybody's worried'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-63828839?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 6:32 AM
Funmilayo Akinriboya runs a support group for African, Caribbean and Portuguese communities.
--------------------
How to cut your energy bills
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62738249?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 20, 2022, 11:48 AM
Energy bills have gone up, but there are some easy ways households can reduce costs.
--------------------
Big Zuu shares his budget cooking secrets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-63833329?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 9:38 AM
The TV chef and rapper shares his big three tips for making the most of your weekly food shop.
--------------------
'We are chasing never-ending debt to pay for basics'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63811484?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 1, 2022, 10:34 AM
Citizens Advice says homeowners and pensioners are among those increasingly seeking debt advice.
--------------------
Foraging in the forest as a way to make ends meet
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-63791287?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 1, 2022, 6:01 AM
More people are foraging from the land as a way to make ends meet, says an experienced forager.
--------------------
Revealed: Major cities failing to plan for any wheelchair accessible homes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62638644?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 1:10 AM
Disabled people face a severe housing shortage as English cities fail to plan for accessibility.
--------------------
Peter Kay's return 'well worth the wait'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63845328?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 9:20 AM
Fans in Manchester give their verdict on the opening night of the comedian's first tour in 12 years.
--------------------
What is Strep A and what are the symptoms to look out for?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63836093?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 3:55 PM
Another UK child has died from this highly contagious infection. What should people look out for?
--------------------
Prince William and Kate: Royal row turns US trip into a long three days
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63843968?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 6:58 AM
Despite challenges, Prince William's visit to Boston ends on an optimistic note, says Daniela Relph.
--------------------
Royal Mail: When are the postal strikes and Christmas post dates?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63420410?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 1:36 PM
About 115,000 postal workers are taking part in the dispute with Royal Mail.
--------------------
Queen's funeral composer: I had to keep my work secret
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63782432?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 12:49 AM
Composer Sir James MacMillan was asked in 2011 to write new music for the funeral of Queen Elizabeth.
--------------------
'I'm living in fear for my life in Afghanistan'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63743620?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 1:14 AM
The UK is failing on its promise to help the most vulnerable Afghans come to the UK, MPs and charities say.
--------------------
The 'life-changing' electric suit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-63827708?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 1:05 AM
A special body suit for people with cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis and strokes has had some remarkable results.
--------------------
NHS: Ambulance delays as paramedic holds for GP
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63828516?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 1, 2022, 7:59 PM
When ambulance crews bring patients to hospital they are meant to be able to handover their patients to A&E staff within 15 minutes.
--------------------
Cyril Ramaphosa: South Africa leader's future in doubt amid scandal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-63838799?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 5:35 PM
South Africans wait with bated breath as ANC leaders adjourn crisis talks.
--------------------
Pakistan v England: Tourists' toil with the ball as important as batting records
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/63845864?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 3:17 PM
England may have broken records with the bat, but it is their effort with the ball that could see them to victory in the first Test in Pakistan, writes Stephan Shemilt.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Brazil's Gabriel Jesus and Alex Telles ruled out of tournament with injuries
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63844660?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 1:31 PM
Gabriel Jesus and Alex Telles are ruled out of the rest of the World Cup after picking up injuries in Brazil's 1-0 defeat by Cameroon on Friday.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Memphis Depay scores for Netherlands against USA after 21-pass move
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63847722?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 3:28 PM
Watch Memphis Depay score for the Netherlands after a brilliant 21-pass move against the USA.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Daley Blind doubles Netherlands lead against USA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63847727?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 3:57 PM
Daley Blind finishes from inside the box to double the Netherlands' lead against the USA.
--------------------
World Cup 2022 score predictions: Chris Sutton predicts the last-16 matches
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63827341?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 9:35 PM
BBC Sport's football expert Chris Sutton gives his predictions for the final round of group games at the World Cup.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: England's Phil Foden ready to grasp opportunities after 'mixed bag' start
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63842758?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 9:03 AM
England forward Phil Foden says his World Cup has been a "mixed bag" but believes he has a chance of starting against Senegal.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Why Senegal are 'dangerous' for England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63803248?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 3, 2022, 11:52 AM
England are through to the last 16 of the World Cup but if they want to go further they must overcome a 'dangerous' Senegal side who are hoping to make Africa proud.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Why fitness is as important as quality at this World Cup - Danny Murphy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63834268?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 7:17 PM
Danny Murphy says work-rate and athleticism are becoming as decisive as technical ability, and explains why he expects fewer surprise results from now on.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: What we learned from a group stage that saw record number of upsets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63820511?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 11:21 PM
BBC Sport examines the main things to come out of a thrilling group stage at the World Cup in Qatar.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: England's John Stones praises Harry Maguire character
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63837530?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 4:42 PM
John Stones praises England centre-back partner Harry Maguire's character after a strong start to the World Cup.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Senegal coach Aliou Cisse on impact of 'Africa's Titanic'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/63556345?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 2:53 PM
Aliou Cisse was part of Senegal's history-making World Cup squad in 2002, but three months later was affected by tragedy.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Serbia 2-3 Switzerland - Swiss through after exciting victory
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63752146?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 9:12 PM
Switzerland seal their place in the World Cup last 16 following an entertaining five-goal victory over Serbia to round off the group stage.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Ecstasy and agony as South Korea progress at Uruguay's expense on another dramatic day
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63840635?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 8:02 PM
South Korea's players are overwhelmed with joy, while Luis Suarez and Uruguay cried tears of disbelief following a dramatic conclusion to Group H.
--------------------
World Cup: South Korea reach last 16 with dramatic last-gasp win over Portugal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63767287?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 5:01 PM
Hwang Hee-chan scores a late winner for South Korea to beat Portugal 2-1 and reach the last 16 of the World Cup.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: How to take a penalty in a shootout
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63204343?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 7:30 PM
BBC Sport and Opta analyse the 279 World Cup shootout penalties to see the best ways to score your kick.
World Cup 2022: Japan goal has fans making their own VAR explainers on social media
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63832775?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 2, 2022, 4:26 PM
With no images released to show why Japan's controversial winner against Spain was not ruled out, fans online have taken matters into their own hands.

Click here to read the complete article