Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 15:11:46 +0000
Subject: BBC News
From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
 by: rslight rss feeds - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 15:11 UTC

Matt Hancock suspended as Tory MP for joining I'm a Celeb cast
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63471923?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 2:04 PM
The former health secretary is punished by his party after announcing he will join the reality show.
--------------------
Minister warns on language after Suella Braverman 'invasion' comment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63466532?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 2:12 PM
Robert Jenrick's comments come after the home secretary described the situation as an "invasion".
--------------------
Dover: Counter-terror police lead on migrant centre attack
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-63473640?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 3:05 PM
The suspect, who was later found dead, was a 66-year-old from the High Wycombe area, police said.
--------------------
BP profit jump sparks calls for bigger windfall tax
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63468313?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 10:53 AM
The energy giant more than doubled its profit between July and September compared to last year.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Tales of endurance and hardship as winter looms
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63446508?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 12:02 AM
Ukrainian civilians and troops paint a picture of endurance and hardship as winter approaches.
--------------------
Itaewon crush: First emergency call came hours before crush
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63467204?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 1:10 PM
Police and local officials did almost nothing to stop a huge, unmanageable crowd from gathering.
--------------------
Treasury warns of tax rises to fill financial hole
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63465935?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 11:55 AM
Everyone will have to pay higher taxes to repair the public finances, a Treasury source says.
--------------------
No evidence of bullying in fracking vote, Commons speaker says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63473032?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 2:11 PM
The atmosphere was "tense" but there was no evidence of "undue influence" on MPs, Commons speaker says.
--------------------
Brixton shooting: Drill rapper and Deliveroo driver named as victims
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63468689?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 12:10 PM
Lamar Scott and Guilherme Messias da Silva were killed after a car chase and shooting in London.
--------------------
House prices fall after mini-budget, says Nationwide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63468818?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 10:20 AM
The turmoil sparked by Liz Truss's mini-budget hit housing sales, according to Nationwide.
--------------------
Cost of Living: Your money-saving tips for Christmas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63442992?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 7:39 AM
With vanishingly few paydays until Christmas, readers tell us how they're cutting down on festive spending.
--------------------
I can't afford to heat my flat - but free coats keep me warm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-63401596?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 7:57 AM
Dave Smith couldn't believe it when he saw that a local shop was allowing people to take coats for free.
--------------------
Cost of living: Swansea estate cuts bills by generating energy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63300680?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 31, 2022, 2:34 PM
People on a Swansea estate are reducing bills by sharing solar panels and storing the power.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'We've only got 30p left on our prepayment meter'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-63398234?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 30, 2022, 1:01 AM
A mother says having a prepayment meter installed has made her situation "exponentially worse".
--------------------
Why is there a global energy crisis and who might suffer most from it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-63430824?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 30, 2022, 1:05 AM
Russia's invasion of Ukraine has led to soaring energy prices, threatening supply to the world's poorest.
--------------------
Cost of living: Deptford charity turns phone box into community hub
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63380376?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 30, 2022, 1:02 AM
An old phone box has been helping people struggling with the rising costs of living in Deptford.
--------------------
The Highland haven insulated from rising energy prices
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63402811?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 29, 2022, 8:24 AM
A hydroelectric scheme provides power for the 120 people living in the remote community of Knoydart.
--------------------
Cost of living: Bridgend woman says kids worried they won't eat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63427517?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 29, 2022, 6:04 AM
One mother says a charity is supporting her as the rising costs of heating and food hit home.
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 25, 2022, 9:55 AM
The price of the things we spend our money on is again rising at its highest rate in 40 years.
--------------------
BBC Food's family £1 recipe meal plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/budget_family_meal_plan_for_four#xtor=CS8-1000-%5BEditorialPromo_Box%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BPS_FOOD~N~~P_budget_meal_plannerFP%5D
October 18, 2022, 11:42 AM
This budget-friendly meal plan covers a week's worth of dinners for four adults, coming in at under £28 in total.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'I may have to put my child in care due to bills'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-63372328?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 26, 2022, 11:50 PM
A mum says she fears being separated from her disabled daughter due to energy costs.
--------------------
Energy bill fears as winter looms on the edge of Scotland
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63386010?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 28, 2022, 5:20 AM
Many people living in remote communities are concerned about the impact of rapidly rising prices.
--------------------
Which countries are doing the most to tackle energy bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61522123?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 7, 2022, 2:11 PM
European countries have taken different approaches to higher energy bills.
--------------------
Rishi Sunak: What will the new PM and the Autumn Statement mean for my money?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63387955?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 26, 2022, 10:30 AM
Big decisions affecting your money will be announced in next month's Autumn Statement.
--------------------
BBC experts on six things you can do as cost of living rises
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63284645?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 18, 2022, 9:48 PM
BBC correspondents share some things that could help you cope with rising prices.
--------------------
How to cut your energy bills
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62738249?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 20, 2022, 11:48 AM
Energy bills have gone up, but there are some easy ways households can reduce costs.
--------------------
Cost of living: How can I save money on my food shop?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61798003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 5, 2022, 12:40 PM
The cost-of-living crisis continues to bite. Here are some things that can reduce the impact.
--------------------
Ghosts, monsters and teddies attend New York Halloween parade
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63472690?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 12:37 PM
Thousands of New Yorkers attend the 49th annual Village Halloween Parade.
--------------------
S4C - the TV birthplace of Fireman Sam and SuperTed - turns 40
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63414736?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 6:57 AM
S4C's alumni includes a host of well-known faces such as Alex Jones, Rhys Ifans and Ioan Gruffudd.
--------------------
Israel election: Netanyahu seeks comeback as country votes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63458903?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 12:02 AM
The controversial former prime minister could return to power, as opponents try to block him.
--------------------
US midterms: The $6bn election advert spending spree
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63417249?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 31, 2022, 9:24 PM
The two parties have focused on very different issues. Katty Kay decodes their campaign messages.
--------------------
Who is joining Matt Hancock in the I’m A Celebrity jungle?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63423810?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 31, 2022, 9:35 PM
Ex-rugby star Mike Tindall, who is married to the King's niece, hopes to become king of the jungle.
--------------------
Permacrisis declared Collins Dictionary word of the year
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63458467?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 4:04 AM
The term for "extended period of instability and insecurity" reflects 2022's challenges, Collins says.
--------------------
Bollywood: The trans icon played by a non-trans star
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-63415626?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 12:02 AM
A non-trans Bollywood star is to play India's trans icon - while trans actresses continue to wait for a leading role.
--------------------
Morbi bridge collapse: The brothers who died in Sunday's disaster
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-63465616?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 31, 2022, 9:26 PM
Chirag, Dharmik, and Chetan were on the bridge in Morbi when it collapsed into the river.
--------------------
Manston migrant centre: What are the problems?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63456015?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 2:43 PM
Home secretary Suella Braverman is facing criticism over conditions at Manston migrant centre.
--------------------
T20 World Cup: England reignite World Cup hopes with New Zealand win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/63468894?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 12:29 PM
England secure a nerve-shredding 20-run win over New Zealand to reignite their hopes in the Men's T20 World Cup in Australia.
--------------------
Erling Haaland: Man City striker could return against Fulham, says manager Pep Guardiola
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63469211?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 1:04 PM
Erling Haaland "feels better" and could be back to face Fulham on Saturday, according to Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola.
--------------------
Fight Talk: Fans excited over Dmitry Bivol bout with Gilberto Ramirez
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63465307?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 9:00 AM
The biggest talking points in boxing this week, including excitement building around Dmitry Bivol's clash with Gilberto Ramirez, Katie Taylor eyes a home event and Conor Benn left "broken".
--------------------
T20 World Cup: Buttler hits 73 to help secure England's 20-run win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/63472006?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 11:29 AM
England captain Jos Buttler hits a brilliant 73 to set-up England's 20-run win in the T20 World Cup clash with New Zealand in Brisbane.
--------------------
Paris Masters: Dan Evans wins and plays Stefanos Tsitsipas next
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/63468990?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 1:32 PM
British number two Dan Evans wins for the first time in his career at the Paris Masters as he aims to finish his ATP season on a high.
--------------------
Scotland: Rangers' Brogan Hay named in youthful squad for friendlies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63473768?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 1:34 PM
Rangers forward Brogan Hay has been given a first call-up in a youthful Scotland squad for friendlies against Panama and Venezuela in Spain.
--------------------
South Korea Halloween crush: The lost belongings in pictures
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63467914?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 11:40 AM
Trainers, handbags and passports are among the items rescued from the scene of the Halloween disaster.
--------------------
Itaewon crush: Five friends went out for Halloween; only two came home
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63467068?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 4:38 AM
Seoul's funeral homes are now filled with the bodies of young people and their heartbroken parents.
--------------------
South Korea Halloween crush: Who were the victims?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63456066?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 10:17 AM
The stories of some of the victims who died in Saturday's tragic Halloween crush in South Korea.
--------------------
Itaewon crush: Shock and anger as Seoul grieves for its young
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63455372?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 31, 2022, 10:31 AM
Sorrow, bewilderment and questions after one of South Korea's worst recent tragedies.
--------------------
South Korea: How the Halloween tragedy unfolded
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-63448040?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 30, 2022, 3:13 PM
The incident occurred on Saturday night, as tens of thousands celebrated Halloween in Itaewon.
--------------------
Seoul Halloween crush disaster: Mourners lay flowers at scene
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63445643?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 30, 2022, 2:24 PM
People gather to pay their respects with prayers and tributes near the scene of the disaster in central Seoul.
--------------------
Seoul Halloween crush: Aftermath of disaster in pictures
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63444231?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 30, 2022, 1:38 PM
Images from South Korea reveal how Halloween revellers met with disaster in a giant crush.
--------------------
South Korea Halloween crush: Video shows panic as crowd surges
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63442529?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 29, 2022, 6:07 PM
Halloween revellers are seen struggling in huge crowds as emergency services attend the scene.
South Korea: Droves of revellers leave area after deadly Seoul crush
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63442531?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 29, 2022, 10:20 PM
Footage shows rescue workers at the scene in Seoul as crowds of revellers leave the bustling area.

Click here to read the complete article