From: AnonUser@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Blank Webpage?
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 21:41:57 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Tue, 17 Nov 2020 21:41 UTC

Hello. I’m making a website with HTML and PHP code on Kali Linux. My website is in the /var/www/html folder in a file named index.php. However, when I go to my website, I see that the webpage is completely blank. I don’t understand why the webpage isn’t showing any content. Can someone please tell me why my website isn’t showing any content and give me advice about it? I don’t know what the issue is.
--
Posted on novaBBS
www.novabbs.com

Re: Blank Webpage?

<08f69fbd6826a805639327c1e20612e7$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=116&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#116

From: AnonUser@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Re: Blank Webpage?
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 22:32:49 +0000
 by: AnonUser - Tue, 17 Nov 2020 22:32 UTC

AnonUser wrote:

> Hello. I’m making a website with HTML and PHP code on Kali Linux. My website is in the /var/www/html folder in a file named index.php. However, when I go to my website, I see that the webpage is completely blank. I don’t understand why the webpage isn’t showing any content. Can someone please tell me why my website isn’t showing any content and give me advice about it? I don’t know what the issue is.

That can happen if there is an error in php code. For a simple test, just write something very simple to make sure you are really serving the page. Something like:

<?php
echo 'Hello';
?>

If it displays Hello, then you are serving the page, but there is probably an error in your php. Check your browser error logs and see if it points you to the error.

--
Posted on novaBBS
www.novabbs.com

yep

<he.635.2ruliz@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=117&group=rocksolid.shared.helpdesk#117

From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: yep
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 01:11:57 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 18 Nov 2020 09:11 UTC

index.php is faulty.
on the commandline, go to /var/www/html and do
php index.php
and you will most likely get an error message that will tell you what's wrong.

--
Posted on def2