From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
To: rocksolid.shared.freenet
Subject: Browse Freenet Freesites from Tor and I2P
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 03:38:49 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.freenet
 by: Retro Guy - Wed, 7 Mar 2018 10:38 UTC

The Tor gateway to Freenet Freesites is now up. I'm sure it has bugs,
but it's working reasonably well now.

Feel free to try it.

You need to create a bbs account here: http://hqqzv6lxtpmqjedv.onion ,
then follow the link near the bottom of the home page to browse Freesites.

Retro Guy

Re: Browse Freenet Freesites from Tor and I2P

<p898d5$7l0$1@novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=67&group=rocksolid.shared.freenet#67

From: greythewolf@mail2tor.com (John Simsons)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.freenet
Subject: Re: Browse Freenet Freesites from Tor and I2P
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 19:22:13 +0000
 by: John Simsons - Tue, 13 Mar 2018 19:22 UTC

How long will it take after registration for your account to
be able to login there?
Posted on RetroBBS II

Re: Browse Freenet Freesites from Tor and I2P

<p89gje$a6f$1@novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=68&group=rocksolid.shared.freenet#68

From: greythewolf@mail2tor.com (John Simsons)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.freenet
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 21:42:06 +0000
 by: John Simsons - Tue, 13 Mar 2018 21:42 UTC

So I might have understood wrong, I was think you needed an
account here for there, but seeing that the OP is an member
that was a wrong asumption. So how do you make an account
there. When I try to open the page I get a login popup
directly and it doesn't matter what I do, it never works, I
just don't get in. Can somebody please help/explain.

-GreyTheWolf
Posted on RetroBBS II

Re: Browse Freenet Freesites from Tor and I2P

<69723918-3B63-44A9-89F9-D2A1BE93EC82@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=69&group=rocksolid.shared.freenet#69

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro_Guy)
To: John Simsons <greythewolf@mail2tor.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 17:37:39 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.freenet
user-agent: K-9 Mail for Android
mime-version: 1.0
content-type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
 by: Retro_Guy - Wed, 14 Mar 2018 00:37 UTC

On March 13, 2018 2:42:06 PM MST, John Simsons <greythewolf@mail2tor.com> wrote:
>So I might have understood wrong, I was think you needed an
>account here for there, but seeing that the OP is an member
>that was a wrong asumption. So how do you make an account
>there. When I try to open the page I get a login popup
>directly and it doesn't matter what I do, it never works, I
>just don't get in. Can somebody please help/explain.
>
>-GreyTheWolf
>Posted on RetroBBS II

I'm not at a computer now but I'll reply better late tonight. You need to create an account on retrobbs not retrobbs2. See the thread in retrobbs forum 'how to access'. In i2p it's retrobbs.i2p
--
Sent from my Rocksolid phone.

Re: Browse Freenet Freesites from Tor and I2P

<5AA8EC30.40.rs.freenet@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=70&group=rocksolid.shared.freenet#70

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-3fj-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.freenet
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 02:32:31 -0700
To: John Simsons
 by: Retro Guy - Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:32 UTC

To: John Simsons
On 03/13/2018 02:42 PM, John Simsons wrote:
> So I might have understood wrong, I was think you needed an
> account here for there, but seeing that the OP is an member
> that was a wrong asumption. So how do you make an account
> there. When I try to open the page I get a login popup
> directly and it doesn't matter what I do, it never works, I
> just don't get in. Can somebody please help/explain.
>
> -GreyTheWolf
> Posted on RetroBBS II

I see that I made a mistake in my original post. Sorry about that.

You need to create the account on RetroBBS here: j7zbybfl5ho2rta3.onion

The address I provided in the original post is for the actual Freenet
browser page. So:

Create the account here: j7zbybfl5ho2rta3.onion

Then browse Freenet here: hqqzv6lxtpmqjedv.onion

Retro Guy (unintentionally wasting people's time since 1965)
--- Synchronet 3.17a-Linux NewsLink 1.108
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: Browse Freenet Freesites from Tor and I2P

<5AA95810.41.rs.freenet@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=71&group=rocksolid.shared.freenet#71

From: atari600xl@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-igk-this (Atari600XL)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.freenet
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 17:12:48 -0700
To: Retro Guy
 by: Atari600XL - Thu, 15 Mar 2018 00:12 UTC

To: Retro Guy
> On 03/13/2018 02:42 PM, John Simsons wrote:
> > So I might have understood wrong, I was think you needed an
> > account here for there, but seeing that the OP is an member
> > that was a wrong asumption. So how do you make an account
> > there. When I try to open the page I get a login popup
> > directly and it doesn't matter what I do, it never works, I
> > just don't get in. Can somebody please help/explain.
> > Posted on RetroBBS II

> I see that I made a mistake in my original post. Sorry about that.

> You need to create the account on RetroBBS here: j7zbybfl5ho2rta3.onion

> The address I provided in the original post is for the actual Freenet
> browser page. So:

> Create the account here: j7zbybfl5ho2rta3.onion

> Then browse Freenet here: hqqzv6lxtpmqjedv.onion

> Retro Guy (unintentionally wasting people's time since 1965)

Still got problem logging in, I now got an account on RetroBBS like you said I
needed. I tried logging in to the Freenet proxy and got the same problem, it
ask me for my username and password, I type it and it asks it again, I type it
again and get the error: "The connection was reset". I made my account some
hours ago and still the same problem. Any clue what I'm doing wrong.
--- Synchronet 3.17a-Linux NewsLink 1.108
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: Browse Freenet Freesites from Tor and I2P

<6AC2F833-12C8-4757-BF10-62F61FC18607@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=72&group=rocksolid.shared.freenet#72

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro_Guy)
To: rs-freenet
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 17:00:06 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.freenet
user-agent: K-9 Mail for Android
mime-version: 1.0
content-type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
 by: Retro_Guy - Thu, 15 Mar 2018 00:00 UTC

On March 14, 2018 5:12:48 PM MST, Atari600XL <atari600xl@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com> wrote:
> > On 03/13/2018 02:42 PM, John Simsons wrote:
> > > So I might have understood wrong, I was think you needed an
> > > account here for there, but seeing that the OP is an member
> > > that was a wrong asumption. So how do you make an account
> > > there. When I try to open the page I get a login popup
> > > directly and it doesn't matter what I do, it never works, I
> > > just don't get in. Can somebody please help/explain.
> > > Posted on RetroBBS II
>
> > I see that I made a mistake in my original post. Sorry about that.
>
>> You need to create the account on RetroBBS here:
>j7zbybfl5ho2rta3.onion
>
>> The address I provided in the original post is for the actual Freenet
> > browser page. So:
>
> > Create the account here: j7zbybfl5ho2rta3.onion
>
> > Then browse Freenet here: hqqzv6lxtpmqjedv.onion
>
> > Retro Guy (unintentionally wasting people's time since 1965)
>
>Still got problem logging in, I now got an account on RetroBBS like you
>said I
>needed. I tried logging in to the Freenet proxy and got the same
>problem, it
>ask me for my username and password, I type it and it asks it again, I
>type it
>again and get the error: "The connection was reset". I made my account
>some
>hours ago and still the same problem. Any clue what I'm doing wrong.

Very strange. Others are using it fine with tor browser. I will create a new account and do testing late tonight. I'm at work now.
--
Sent from my Rocksolid phone.

Re: Browse Freenet Freesites from Tor and I2P

<5AAA48A1.43.rs.freenet@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73&group=rocksolid.shared.freenet#73

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
To: Atari600XL
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 03:19:13 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.freenet
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 15 Mar 2018 10:19 UTC

On 03/14/2018 05:12 PM, Atari600XL wrote:
> > On 03/13/2018 02:42 PM, John Simsons wrote:
> > > So I might have understood wrong, I was think you needed an
> > > account here for there, but seeing that the OP is an member
> > > that was a wrong asumption. So how do you make an account
> > > there. When I try to open the page I get a login popup
> > > directly and it doesn't matter what I do, it never works, I
> > > just don't get in. Can somebody please help/explain.
> > > Posted on RetroBBS II
>
> > I see that I made a mistake in my original post. Sorry about that.
>
> > You need to create the account on RetroBBS here: j7zbybfl5ho2rta3.onion
>
> > The address I provided in the original post is for the actual Freenet
> > browser page. So:
>
> > Create the account here: j7zbybfl5ho2rta3.onion
>
> > Then browse Freenet here: hqqzv6lxtpmqjedv.onion
>
> > Retro Guy (unintentionally wasting people's time since 1965)
>
> Still got problem logging in, I now got an account on RetroBBS like you said I
> needed. I tried logging in to the Freenet proxy and got the same problem, it
> ask me for my username and password, I type it and it asks it again, I type it
> again and get the error: "The connection was reset". I made my account some
> hours ago and still the same problem. Any clue what I'm doing wrong.

It should work now. It seems your username got blocked from too many
attempts previously. It is now unblocked and you should be able to log
in and browse Freenet.

I hope it works for you.

Also, I now have a Tor and i2p browser running at: xvnjlkzqi2cospff.onion

Feel free to give it a try.

Retro Guy

Re: Browse Freenet Freesites from Tor and I2P

<p8dt3h$shj$1@novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74&group=rocksolid.shared.freenet#74

From: wed@retrobbs.synchro.net (wed)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.freenet
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 06:40:01 -0700
 by: wed - Thu, 15 Mar 2018 13:40 UTC

kudos to your efforts, but a tor browser using an onion
address ? so if i have tor, i can use tor ?
hmm....
Posted on RetroBBS II

Re: Browse Freenet Freesites from Tor and I2P

<510D613E-294F-4801-81B1-45DF0CBC5DCC@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75&group=rocksolid.shared.freenet#75

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro_Guy)
To: wed <wed@retrobbs.synchro.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 17:32:30 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.freenet
user-agent: K-9 Mail for Android
mime-version: 1.0
content-type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
 by: Retro_Guy - Fri, 16 Mar 2018 00:32 UTC

On March 15, 2018 6:40:01 AM MST, wed <wed@retrobbs.synchro.net> wrote:
>kudos to your efforts, but a tor browser using an onion
>address ? so if i have tor, i can use tor ?
>hmm....
>Posted on RetroBBS II

Lol. I was too lazy to set up two different browsers. Just combined them.
--
Sent from my Rocksolid phone.