They can always run stderr through uniq. :-) -- Larry Wall in <199704012331.PAA16535@wall.org>

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: check in

SubjectAuthor
* check inbadgolferman
+* Re: check inJörg Lorenz
|+* Re: check inJolly Roger
||+* Re: check inJörg Lorenz
|||+- Re: check inAlan
|||+- Re: check inAlan Browne
|||`- Re: check inJolly Roger
||`- Re: check inAlan Browne
|+* Re: check inbadgolferman
||`* Re: check inJörg Lorenz
|| `- Re: check inAlan
|`- Re: check inAlan Browne
+* Re: check inJolly Roger
|`* Re: check inJörg Lorenz
| +- Re: check inAlan
| `- Re: check inJolly Roger
+* Re: check inTyrone
|+* Re: check inbadgolferman
||+* Re: check inJörg Lorenz
|||+* Re: check inAlan
|||`- Re: check inAlan Browne
||+- Re: check inTyrone
||`* Re: check inJolly Roger
|| `* Re: check inAndrew
||  `* Re: check inJolly Roger
||   `* Re: check inAndrew
||    `* Re: check inJolly Roger
||     `* Re: check inAndrew
||      +* Re: check inbadgolferman
||      |`* Re: check inJolly Roger
||      | `* Re: check inAndrew
||      |  `* Re: check inJolly Roger
||      |   `* Re: check inAndrew
||      |    `* Re: check inJolly Roger
||      |     `* Re: check inAndrew
||      |      `* Re: check inJolly Roger
||      |       `* Re: check inAndrew
||      |        `- Re: check inJolly Roger
||      `* Re: check inJolly Roger
||       `* Re: check inAndrew
||        `* Re: check inJolly Roger
||         `* Re: check inAndrew
||          +* Re: check inJolly Roger
||          |`* Re: check inAndrew
||          | `- Re: check inAlan
||          `* Re: check inChris
||           `* Re: check inAndrew
||            `* Re: check inChris
||             +* Re: check inAndrew
||             |+* Re: check inAndrew
||             ||`* Re: check inJolly Roger
||             || `* Re: check inAndrew
||             ||  `* Re: check inChris
||             ||   `- Re: check inJolly Roger
||             |+- Re: check inJolly Roger
||             |+- Re: check inChris
||             |`- Re: check inAlan
||             `- Re: check inIndira
|+- Re: check inJörg Lorenz
|+* Re: check inAlan
||+* Re: check inJörg Lorenz
|||`- Re: check inAlan
||`- Re: check inJolly Roger
|`- Re: check inAlan Browne
`* Re: check inChris
 +* Re: check inAndrew
 |`- Re: check inJolly Roger
 +* Re: check inAlan Browne
 |+* Re: check inJolly Roger
 ||`- Re: check inAndrew
 |`- Re: check inChris
 `* Re: check inJörg Lorenz
  `- Re: check inAlan

Pages:1234
Re: check in

<v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14214&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14214

From: andrew@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: check in
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 14:56:01 -0000 (UTC)
References: <xn0olc8v4la2bra007@reader443.eternal-september.org> <tfSdnSSGN_GjK677nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com> <xn0olcd1hlfogqn009@reader443.eternal-september.org> <l9isgmFsva8U3@mid.individual.net> <v11jjf$qtl$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9ja00Fe07U1@mid.individual.net> <v12pf1$ck4$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9kghjF605fU2@mid.individual.net> <v13fat$1vvh$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n44bFhrepU1@mid.individual.net> <v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net> <v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Andrew - Sun, 5 May 2024 14:56 UTC

Chris wrote on Sun, 5 May 2024 07:04:23 -0000 (UTC) :

>> The reason it matters that I use Apple products is that I test them so I
>> know what they can and cannot do.
>
> The difference to the rest of us is that you don't *use* them day to day.

Actually, you're both correct & you're dead wrong, & you're missing a lot.
<https://i.postimg.cc/RVdVKS8q/Apple-Ipad.jpg>
<https://i.postimg.cc/PJ4hWyS0/Apple-Iphone.jpg>
<https://i.postimg.cc/zfgrt8dC/Samsung.jpg>

1. You're correct I don't use the iPhones or iPads like you use them;
2. You're wrong that I don't use both of them every single day though;
3. And, what you're missing is I use Android and know what it can do
(so I'm perfectly placed to explain to you how primitive iOS is).

For example, keeping in context of this thread, what you iPhone owners know
is the Apple advertised checkin functionality - which is limited in scope.

Since you Apple owners tend to not know anything about the real world, all
of you were ignorant that far better functionality already exists for iOS.

*Android/iOS easy to use "I'm Home/I left Work" automated SMS geofence app*
<https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13360&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13360>

All you do is draw a circle, write the desired text, and set recipients.
This checkin is way better than what Apple has provided to you, in fact.

That's value I add that none of you Apple-only owners could possibly know.
And for that added value about the real world, you should thank me, Chris.

The value I add is that I know how a modern device works in the real world.
And I can inform you that the iOs devices are mired in yesterday's tech.

You should appreciate that vast knowledge I have about how iOS devices
actually work in the real world, and how the primitive iOS devices fare
against a modern device, even an ancient modern Android device as shown in
this screenshot I made moments ago just for you, Chris, of my devices.

<https://i.postimg.cc/fLp1L6XM/real-world.jpg>

> You only *test* them to find differences or deficiencies that fit your
> bias. You target functionality that is of no interest to anyone or almost
> no-one.

This is partially true also, Chris, as you use an iOS device mostly to play
games, and I've never even tested how well (or poorly) my devices do that.

However, what I try to do is test the lies that nospam, Jolly Roger,
Haemactylus and others write about iOS - and you should thank me for that.

The value I add to this newsgroup is I keep those iOS liars honest.
And I let you know about functionality that you'd never know of otherwise.

(Plus I'm the one who broke most of the news about Apple breaking the law,
although recently others have overtaken me on that important role here.)

> You only raise your ugly head when you see something negative in ios.

C'mon now. I'm not that ugly. I had an operation on my face after the
recent accident, but my wife still thinks I'm the cutest charmer around.

>> Go away & this newsgroup will approach that of the normal OS newsgroups.
>
> Whenever you're not here for an extended period, this place is much calmer.

First off, I've never left for an extended period, and secondly, nospam has
and the discussions have been tremendously more civil without nospam here.

Note that every adult operating system newsgroup nospam posted his lies in,
he gets his head handed to him - as his lies only worked well on this ng.

That's because this newsgroup feeds off of the childish defense of Apple.
Nobody on the adult OS newsgroups defends the mother ship to the death.

Only on Apple child-like newsgroups is this cult-like phenomenon found.

I suspect nospam's presumed contract with Apple expired where his role was
to refute all negative news about Apple using any method he could devise.

Even if that wasn't his contract with Apple, nospam actually knew more
about Apple than any of the rest of the religious zealots did, so we lost
that knowledge he imparted (particularly about the radios in the iPhone).

If we lose Joerg Lorenz or Alan Baker, we lose nothing, right?
If we lose Jolly Roger or Haemactylus, again, we lose nothing right?

In fact, the less those religious zealots post, the most accurate this
group becomes simply because they defend Apple with lies to the death.

Lose me & you lose a lot, Chris - because what you lose - is the truth.

Re: check in

<v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14218&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14218

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 17:42:28 +0100
<v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net>
<v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me>
<v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 by: Chris - Sun, 5 May 2024 16:42 UTC

On 05/05/2024 15:56, Andrew wrote:
> Chris wrote on Sun, 5 May 2024 07:04:23 -0000 (UTC) :
>
>>> The reason it matters that I use Apple products is that I test them so I
>>> know what they can and cannot do.
>>
>> The difference to the rest of us is that you don't *use* them day to day.
>
> Actually, you're both correct & you're dead wrong, & you're missing a lot.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/RVdVKS8q/Apple-Ipad.jpg>
> <https://i.postimg.cc/PJ4hWyS0/Apple-Iphone.jpg>
> <https://i.postimg.cc/zfgrt8dC/Samsung.jpg>
>
> 1. You're correct I don't use the iPhones or iPad
Exactly. You only did the above screenshots because badgolferman asked
the question. Whereas I and many others use our iphones to take and
share photos all the time, without ever needing a Windows pc.

> 2. You're wrong that I don't use both of them every single day though;

What do you actually use them for that isn't looking for problems, then?
Give examples of what you used your ipad(s) for today.

> 3. And, what you're missing is I use Android and know what it can do
> (so I'm perfectly placed to explain to you how primitive iOS is).

Your clear preference is for Android because you believe it fits your
"privacy model" better. Therefore everything that doesn't fit that model
is bad/wrong/deficient/whatever.

> For example, keeping in context of this thread, what you iPhone owners know
> is the Apple advertised checkin functionality - which is limited in scope.

It is called "check in" for a reason; it isn't designed to solve all
use-cases.

> Since you Apple owners tend to not know anything about the real world, all
> of you were ignorant that far better functionality already exists for iOS.
>
> *Android/iOS easy to use "I'm Home/I left Work" automated SMS geofence app*
> <https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13360&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13360>

How is it "far better" when you've never actually used it in "the real
world"? It's an app with 1-star rating and hasn't been updated in five
years.

> All you do is draw a circle, write the desired text, and set recipients.
> This checkin is way better than what Apple has provided to you, in fact.

Stating something is a fact doesn't make it so. I've said this to you
many times. You have many opinions and insinuations, but very few facts.

> That's value I add that none of you Apple-only owners could possibly know.
> And for that added value about the real world, you should thank me, Chris.

Why? You've not actually used it in the "real world". You're simply
recommending crap, that probably doesn't work, simply because it isn't
by Apple.

> The value I add is that I know how a modern device works in the real world.

No you don't as you've admitted so yourself. You don't add value.

> And I can inform you that the iOs devices are mired in yesterday's tech.
>
> You should appreciate that vast knowledge I have about how iOS devices
> actually work in the real world, and how the primitive iOS devices fare
> against a modern device, even an ancient modern Android device as shown in
> this screenshot I made moments ago just for you, Chris, of my devices.
>
> <https://i.postimg.cc/fLp1L6XM/real-world.jpg>

Man, you do love your unsubstantiated and pointless photos/screenshots.
Don't you? Here's my android phone:
https://i.postimg.cc/tg1f9PN7/u6-ACPLn-Zh-HS9fm-JGE772n-U.jpg

>> You only *test* them to find differences or deficiencies that fit your
>> bias. You target functionality that is of no interest to anyone or almost
>> no-one.
>
> This is partially true also, Chris, as you use an iOS device mostly to play
> games, and I've never even tested how well (or poorly) my devices do that.

Wrong.

> (Plus I'm the one who broke most of the news about Apple breaking the law,
> although recently others have overtaken me on that important role here.)

Lol. Get over yourself. None of that happened.

>> You only raise your ugly head when you see something negative in ios.
>
> C'mon now. I'm not that ugly. I had an operation on my face after the
> recent accident, but my wife still thinks I'm the cutest charmer around.

Sorry to hear that.

<snip irrelevance>

Re: check in

<v18da5$1v343$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14219&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14219

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 17:49:09 +0100
 by: Chris - Sun, 5 May 2024 16:49 UTC

On 02/05/2024 18:02, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2024-05-02 12:01, Chris wrote:
>> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Has anyone used this Check In feature?  I just found out about it.
>>>
>>> https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/let-your-loved-ones-know-you-arrived-safely-with-ios-17-check-ins/
>>
>> No. Wasn't aware of it. Probably would have used it when the kids were
>> younger. Not sure I'd have much for it now, however, good to know
>> about it.
>> Thanks!
>
> I can see using it when my SO travels on business.  She drives through a
> few long stretches with nothing but rocks, lakes and Christmas trees.
> Nice to know she arrives okay (she usually texts) so the absence of an
> automated check-in would get me in gear.

Yes, I can see that, but also it could induce anxiety in those prone to
it. Journeys can be delayed for all sorts of reasons. I'm not sure I'd
want to tell my SO of this functionality as she'll want me to use it all
the time...

> A few years ago she had a car accident.  Thankfully no injuries (other
> than pride - she was looking to the side at something along the
> highway). She called me.  But could have been a case where she would not
> be able to call me... I drove out to pick her up.

Phew.

Re: check in

<v18d7v$1v29t$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14220&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14220

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 09:47:59 -0700
<v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net>
<v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9nl2lFjv56U2@mid.individual.net>
<v176e8$236f$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 by: Alan - Sun, 5 May 2024 16:47 UTC

On 2024-05-04 22:45, Andrew wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote on 4 May 2024 20:45:09 GMT :
>
>> You are here for one reason, and it's why you
>> sling insults at everyone
>
> And yet I do not "sling insults" at anyone. Not badgolferman.
> Not Cameo. Not Hank.

Yes: you do sling insults.

> It's Alan Browne who calls people an "it" which is his own childish way of
> justifying his inadequacies when it comes to his lack of iOS knowledge.
>
> And it's Joerg Lorenz and you who call everyone a troll who posts useful
> information that neither of you ever has any clue has existed before.
>
> An example of iOS functionality that you had no clue existed because all
> you know is what Apple provides, and Apple can't write this stuff, is
>
> *Android/iOS easy to use "I'm Home/I left Work" automated SMS geofence app*
> <https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13360&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13360>
>
> All you do is draw a circle, write the desired text, and check the box for
> whether you want it to be a checkout or checkin message, plus set the
> active time period (defaults to a oneshot) which is easy for everyone.
>
> <https://i.postimg.cc/C1PWHqMm/imhere.jpg>
>
> This is code that Apple is incapable of writing, but others wrote it for
> you and we all are the beneficiaries of getting code outside of Apple.

"Incapable"?

How obstinately stupid are you?

Re: check in

<l9pv6gFgptU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14223&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14223

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 5 May 2024 17:50:08 GMT
<l9n470FhrepU2@mid.individual.net>
<v15ne6$114c$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9n9ffFilhqU2@mid.individual.net>
<v15s51$2ptd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9nl4rFjv56U3@mid.individual.net>
<v1737e$28o1$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 5 May 2024 17:50 UTC

On 2024-05-05, Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote on 4 May 2024 20:46:19 GMT :
>
>> Are two peas in a pod. You are the most prolific troll in these news
>> groups, and badgolferman supports you in your goal to disrupt and
>> insult others here.
>
> What's interesting is you had no idea there was a far better checkin
> app

What's interesting is when anyone calls you out on your childish,
trollish behavior you try to dodge by changing the topic of discussion
(which in this case is also based on a lie). This thread wasn't about
alternative apps until *you* tried to make it about one, and your little
"you didn't know about blah" lie is just a further attempt to change the
topic. You're a pathetic man-child, Arlen.

--

JR

Re: check in

<v18iln$rft$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14225&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14225

From: andrew@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 18:20:40 -0000 (UTC)
References: <xn0olc8v4la2bra007@reader443.eternal-september.org> <tfSdnSSGN_GjK677nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com> <xn0olcd1hlfogqn009@reader443.eternal-september.org> <l9isgmFsva8U3@mid.individual.net> <v11jjf$qtl$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9ja00Fe07U1@mid.individual.net> <v12pf1$ck4$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9kghjF605fU2@mid.individual.net> <v13fat$1vvh$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n44bFhrepU1@mid.individual.net> <v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net> <v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me> <v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me> <v18ihv$3iiu7$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: Andrew - Sun, 5 May 2024 18:20 UTC

Chris wrote:

>> 1. You're correct I don't use the iPhones or iPad
> Exactly. You only did the above screenshots because badgolferman asked
> the question. Whereas I and many others use our iphones to take and
> share photos all the time, without ever needing a Windows pc.

Notice what you just said, Chris. You said that badgolferman asked a
reasonable question, and I (among others) helped him answer that question.

What I did was show something none of you inside the walled garden could
have shown him - which is how easy a modern operating system handles photo
naming conventions versus the primitive way Apple handles naming images.

I showed that Apple uses the primtiive naming convention that digital
cameras first used something like a decade or even two decades ago.

What I showed was the truth, Chris.

Apple's naming conventions are mired in ancient decades' old technology.
Android's naming conventions had moved into the modern age long ago.

That's just the truth. And I proved the truth. With screenshots, which is
something most of the religious zealots never do as they don't know how.

>> 2. You're wrong that I don't use both of them every single day though;
>
> What do you actually use them for that isn't looking for problems, then?
> Give examples of what you used your ipad(s) for today.

Remember Chris, I tell the truth about Apple products, so that's mostly
what I use them for, e.g., see these images from the badgolferman thread.

https://i.postimg.cc/RVdVKS8q/Apple-Ipad.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/PJ4hWyS0/Apple-Iphone.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/zfgrt8dC/Samsung.jpg

What I try to do on the iOS devices is everything that I do on the Android
devices, which is how, for example, I found out that iOS can't give you the
privacy of the Tor browser - as just one example.

When I tried to graphically debug my Wi-Fi on the much larger iPads, I
found out that iOS is incapable of graphically debugging Wi-Fi or cellular.

When I tried to organize my iPad homescreen the way I wanted to organize
it, I found out it was impossible to do something that simple on iOS.
https://i.postimg.cc/LXzB3Lc0/appleid01.jpg

When I tried to use my iPad without logging into the Apple ID, Apple locked
me out of my own device Chris. I know that because I tested it. You don't.
https://i.postimg.cc/g008YhxP/appleid02.jpg

Hundreds of things I do every day on Android are impossible on iOS, Chris.
And yet, nothing on iOS isn't already on Android, for good reasons, Chris.

1. Developers write most functionality
2. Apple won't let developers write the functionality above
3. Google can't stop them.

I know all this because I have both devices.
All you religious zealots know is what Apple feeds you.

Which is almost always a lie (e.g., there's no privacy on an iOS device).
Even I'm shocked, by the way, that Android has far more privacy than iOS.

But it is what it is.
I know this because I tested every feature I am telling you about.

On both platforms.

>> 3. And, what you're missing is I use Android and know what it can do
>> (so I'm perfectly placed to explain to you how primitive iOS is).
>
> Your clear preference is for Android because you believe it fits your
> "privacy model" better. Therefore everything that doesn't fit that model
> is bad/wrong/deficient/whatever.

You are at least partly right that Android allows far more privacy than iOS
(e.g., Android works fine without a mothership tracking account).

But what you're also missing is that Android is far more functional than
iOS and Android is fantastically more customizable than iOS is, Chris.

So what I know that most of you religious zealots do not know is...
1. Android is far more functional than iOS (hence iOS is just a toy)
2. Android is far more customizable than iOS (hence easier to use)
3. Android is far more private than iOS (Apple lied about privacy)

You don't happen to like the truth about Apple's iOS - and that's fine.
But you not liking the truth is never going to stop me from saying it.

>> For example, keeping in context of this thread, what you iPhone owners know
>> is the Apple advertised checkin functionality - which is limited in scope.
>
> It is called "check in" for a reason; it isn't designed to solve all
> use-cases.

This is another case where I add tremendous value to this Apple newsgroup.

The record shows I read the article (which most of the religious zealots
didn't) and I immediately congratulated badgolferman right from the start
and told him I liked that Apple created this feature which I had not known
about.

Of course, I new Android did it years ago, but I knew the Android method
(using Tasker, for example) was complex for most people so I even told
Jolly Roger that I thought it was good of Apple to add this feature native.

Then Jolly Roger started going off on me and badgolferman for his own
personal reasons, but at the same time I realized how *limited* Apple's
checkin feature was - so I looked to see how Android did the same feature.

Lo and behold (since I'm excellent at finding software), I found that there
was a free adfree much better checkin/checkout geofence multiple-use app.

Notice this app does everything the Apple checkin does, and far more.
That's tremendous value for this newsgroup that nobody else knew about.

You just don't happen to like this app is better than what Apple provided.

>> Since you Apple owners tend to not know anything about the real world, all
>> of you were ignorant that far better functionality already exists for iOS.
>>
>> *Android/iOS easy to use "I'm Home/I left Work" automated SMS geofence app*
>> <https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13360&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13360>
>
> How is it "far better" when you've never actually used it in "the real
> world"? It's an app with 1-star rating and hasn't been updated in five
> years.

Notice a few things about that statement, as I did "test" it as shown here.
https://i.postimg.cc/C1PWHqMm/imhere.jpg

Also, while you're correct that I didn't even know about this app until
Jolly Roger started slinging insults at me and badgolferman, that I simply
added value to the thread topic.

What value are YOU adding to the thread topic Chris?

>> All you do is draw a circle, write the desired text, and set recipients.
>> This checkin is way better than what Apple has provided to you, in fact.
>
> Stating something is a fact doesn't make it so. I've said this to you
> many times. You have many opinions and insinuations, but very few facts.

Well, it's a fact the app exists and it's a fact that's how it works.
https://i.postimg.cc/C1PWHqMm/imhere.jpg

You are classic in that you haven't even *tested* the app and you're
already defending Apple's limited checkin feature to the death, Chris.

Why don't you try the app out first before you berate it?

A. The Apple app is limited as a oneshot & it has to be fired off first.
B. The "I'mHere" app is NOT limited as a oneshot & it does NOT have to
be fired off first to use it. Although it can do that too.

Notice you didn't even realize that the developer app is more powerful
than the Apple capability nor did you even try it out before defending
Apple's limited app to the death, no matter what.

The fact is:
1. Both capabilities exist for iOS
2. One works both on iOS and Android
3. That one is far more functional than the native iOS feature (see above).

Those are facts.
You don't like those facts.
But you not liking them doesn't change that they are facts.

>> That's value I add that none of you Apple-only owners could possibly know.
>> And for that added value about the real world, you should thank me, Chris.
>
> Why? You've not actually used it in the "real world". You're simply
> recommending crap, that probably doesn't work, simply because it isn't
> by Apple.

You don't see you're defending Apple to the death no matter what, Chris.

The facts are incontrovertible, Chris - despite your lies to the contrary.
1. The fact is both features exist for iOS (one exists for Android too).
2. The fact is one says it's a oneshot (the other says it does more).
3. The fact is one says it's limited (the other says it does much more).

You can't deny those facts so you lie that those fact don't exist.
Don't you see how you're trying to defend Apple to the death, no matter
what even though you've probably never tried either of the two apps yet.

Why don't you try them.
They're both free.

If you find *then* that they don't work as advertised, only then would your
defense of Apple's limited product to the death make any sense Chris.

It's what an adult would do who is refuting the very facts above.
Remember, nobody refutes facts except a fool (that's why they're fools).

Click here to read the complete article
Re: check in

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14228&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14228

From: indira@ghandi.net (Indira)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 13:18:39 -0500
References: <xn0olc8v4la2bra007@reader443.eternal-september.org> <tfSdnSSGN_GjK677nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com> <xn0olcd1hlfogqn009@reader443.eternal-september.org> <l9isgmFsva8U3@mid.individual.net> <v11jjf$qtl$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9ja00Fe07U1@mid.individual.net> <v12pf1$ck4$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9kghjF605fU2@mid.individual.net> <v13fat$1vvh$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n44bFhrepU1@mid.individual.net> <v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net> <v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me> <v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Indira - Sun, 5 May 2024 18:18 UTC

Chris wrote:

> [...]

The facts are incontrovertible, Chris - despite your lies to the contrary.
1. The fact is both features exist for iOS (one exists for Android too).
2. The fact is one says it's a oneshot (the other says it does more).
3. The fact is one says it's limited (the other says it does much more).

You can't deny those facts so you lie that those fact don't exist.
Don't you see how you're trying to defend Apple to the death, no matter
what even though you've probably never tried either of the two apps yet.

Why don't you try them.
They're both free.

If you find *then* that they don't work as advertised, only then would your
defense of Apple's limited product to the death make any sense Chris.

It's what an adult would do who is refuting the very facts above.
Remember, nobody refutes facts except a fool (that's why they're fools).

<v18jr1$2ket$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14230&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14230

From: andrew@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 18:40:34 -0000 (UTC)
References: <xn0olc8v4la2bra007@reader443.eternal-september.org> <tfSdnSSGN_GjK677nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com> <xn0olcd1hlfogqn009@reader443.eternal-september.org> <l9isgmFsva8U3@mid.individual.net> <v11jjf$qtl$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9ja00Fe07U1@mid.individual.net> <v12pf1$ck4$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9kghjF605fU2@mid.individual.net> <v13fat$1vvh$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <xn0oldxvbn3lvl5000@reader443.eternal-september.org> <l9n470FhrepU2@mid.individual.net> <v15ne6$114c$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n9ffFilhqU2@mid.individual.net> <v15s51$2ptd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9nl4rFjv56U3@mid.individual.net> <v1737e$28o1$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9pv6gFgptU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Andrew - Sun, 5 May 2024 18:40 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote on 5 May 2024 17:50:08 GMT :

>> What's interesting is you had no idea there was a far better checkin
>> app
>
> What's interesting is when anyone calls you out on your childish,
> trollish behavior you try to dodge by changing the topic of discussion
> (which in this case is also based on a lie).

And yet, I'm the only one (besides the OP) who added on-topic technical
value to this thread, Jolly Roger. Certainly you added nothing of value.

I did add on-topic value. https://i.postimg.cc/C1PWHqMm/imhere.jpg

All you did was complain that you don't like that this app does more things
than the limited functionality that the Apple app provided to you, JR.

> This thread wasn't about
> alternative apps until *you* tried to make it about one, and your little
> "you didn't know about blah" lie is just a further attempt to change the
> topic.

I said outright that even I didn't know about the developer app that works
far better than anything Apple could possibly have written, Jolly Roger.

I only looked for that app when it was confirmed how limited the Apple
feature was (i.e., it's a oneshot and it has to be activated every time).

Re: check in

<v190r0$db0$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14246&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14246

From: andrew@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 22:22:25 -0000 (UTC)
References: <xn0olc8v4la2bra007@reader443.eternal-september.org> <tfSdnSSGN_GjK677nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com> <xn0olcd1hlfogqn009@reader443.eternal-september.org> <l9isgmFsva8U3@mid.individual.net> <v11jjf$qtl$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9ja00Fe07U1@mid.individual.net> <v12pf1$ck4$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9kghjF605fU2@mid.individual.net> <v13fat$1vvh$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n44bFhrepU1@mid.individual.net> <v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net> <v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me> <v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me> <v18ihv$3iiu7$1@paganini.bofh.team> <v18iln$rft$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v19062$23k47$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Andrew - Sun, 5 May 2024 22:22 UTC

Chris wrote on Sun, 5 May 2024 22:11:14 -0000 (UTC) :

> I was highlighting how pointless your photos were and it worked!

It didn't work. I asked you to tell me how you'd do what every other
operating system easily does as I knew you can't do it with the iPhone.

The point I was making is the iPhone is a dumb terminal without being
logged into the Apple mainframes 24/7/365 as it's brain dead all alone.

The iPhone is just a toy because it can't do what all other devices do.

Re: check in

<l9qd5vF2gqgU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14253&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14253

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 5 May 2024 21:48:47 GMT
<v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net>
<v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me>
<v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me> <v18ihv$3iiu7$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<v18iln$rft$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 5 May 2024 21:48 UTC

On 2024-05-05, Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>>> 1. You're correct I don't use the iPhones or iPad

Can't keep your nyms straight, Arlen?

[reams of self-masturbatory bullshit rightfully ignored]

--

JR

Re: check in

<l9qd30F2gqgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14254&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14254

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 5 May 2024 21:47:12 GMT
<l9n470FhrepU2@mid.individual.net>
<v15ne6$114c$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9n9ffFilhqU2@mid.individual.net>
<v15s51$2ptd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9nl4rFjv56U3@mid.individual.net>
<v1737e$28o1$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9pv6gFgptU1@mid.individual.net>
<v18jr1$2ket$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 5 May 2024 21:47 UTC

On 2024-05-05, Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote on 5 May 2024 17:50:08 GMT :
>
>>> What's interesting is you had no idea there was a far better checkin
>>> app
>>
>> What's interesting is when anyone calls you out on your childish,
>> trollish behavior you try to dodge by changing the topic of
>> discussion (which in this case is also based on a lie).
>
> And yet, I'm the only one (besides the OP) who added on-topic
> technical value to this thread, Jolly Roger. Certainly you added
> nothing of value.

That's funny coming from you, since you literally thanked me for my
input. Your lies know no bounds.

--

JR

Re: check in

<v19062$23k47$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14259&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14259

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 22:11:14 -0000 (UTC)
<v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net>
<v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me>
<v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me>
<v18ihv$3iiu7$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<v18iln$rft$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
sha1:PqcZumQqadf/HjiBlsgmt8AnMdw=
 by: Chris - Sun, 5 May 2024 22:11 UTC

Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>>> 1. You're correct I don't use the iPhones or iPad
>> Exactly. You only did the above screenshots because badgolferman asked
>> the question. Whereas I and many others use our iphones to take and
>> share photos all the time, without ever needing a Windows pc.
>
> Notice

I notice that you can't keep your nyms in sync.

> What I did was show something none of you inside the walled garden could
> have shown him - which is how easy a modern operating system handles photo
> naming conventions versus the primitive way Apple handles naming images.

Yet I showed him how to do what he wanted to do. With no fuss, no bother
and not requiring a whole other computer to achieve it.

Who carries a PC with them on the off-chance they need to rename a file?

<snip repetitive, irrelevant hyperbole>

>>> You should appreciate that vast knowledge I have about how iOS devices
>>> actually work in the real world, and how the primitive iOS devices fare
>>> against a modern device, even an ancient modern Android device as shown in
>>> this screenshot I made moments ago just for you, Chris, of my devices.
>>>
>>> <https://i.postimg.cc/fLp1L6XM/real-world.jpg>
>>
>> Man, you do love your unsubstantiated and pointless photos/screenshots.
>> Don't you? Here's my android phone:
>> https://i.postimg.cc/tg1f9PN7/u6-ACPLn-Zh-HS9fm-JGE772n-U.jpg
>
> Good. Now tell me, Chris...

Oh god, I really didn't think you'd fall for it, but you did. That isn't my
phone; it's some online stock image.

I was highlighting how pointless your photos were and it worked!

Re: check in

<v197ng$24vpv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14266&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14266

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 17:20:00 -0700
<v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net>
<v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me>
<v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me> <v18ihv$3iiu7$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<v18iln$rft$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 by: Alan - Mon, 6 May 2024 00:20 UTC

On 2024-05-05 11:20, Andrew wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>>> 1. You're correct I don't use the iPhones or iPad
>> Exactly. You only did the above screenshots because badgolferman asked
>> the question. Whereas I and many others use our iphones to take and
>> share photos all the time, without ever needing a Windows pc.
>
> Notice what you just said, Chris.

Notice what you just did, Arlen:

Out yourself.

Not that you're ever really able to disguise your "unique" style.

Re: check in

<l9qma2F3sqoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14268&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14268

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 6 May 2024 00:24:34 GMT
<v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net>
<v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me>
<v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me> <v18ihv$3iiu7$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<v18iln$rft$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v19062$23k47$1@dont-email.me>
<v190r0$db0$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 by: Jolly Roger - Mon, 6 May 2024 00:24 UTC

On 2024-05-05, Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Chris wrote on Sun, 5 May 2024 22:11:14 -0000 (UTC) :
>
>> I was highlighting how pointless your photos were and it worked!
>
> It didn't work.

It worked perfectly, and you fell for it.

--

JR

Re: check in

<v19qpu$15rc$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14276&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14276

From: andrew@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 05:45:35 -0000 (UTC)
References: <xn0olc8v4la2bra007@reader443.eternal-september.org> <tfSdnSSGN_GjK677nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com> <xn0olcd1hlfogqn009@reader443.eternal-september.org> <l9isgmFsva8U3@mid.individual.net> <v11jjf$qtl$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9ja00Fe07U1@mid.individual.net> <v12pf1$ck4$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9kghjF605fU2@mid.individual.net> <v13fat$1vvh$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n44bFhrepU1@mid.individual.net> <v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net> <v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me> <v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me> <v18ihv$3iiu7$1@paganini.bofh.team> <v18iln$rft$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v19062$23k47$1@dont-email.me> <v190r0$db0$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9qma2F3sqoU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Andrew - Mon, 6 May 2024 05:45 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote on 6 May 2024 00:24:34 GMT :

> It worked perfectly, and you fell for it.

With respect to the checkin feature, there are at least 2 known methods for
the iPhone (& vastly greater methods available for Android owners).

1. Apple's rather limited checkin oneshot which is native to iOS 17
<https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/use-check-in-iphc143bb7e9/ios>

2. A developer's functional checkin/checkout oneshot and/or repeater
<https://www.iamherezone.com/>

3. The vast modern advanced automation features available in Android.
<https://www.androidauthority.com/best-automation-apps-android-3024941/>

What is a fact is all exist (although the iPhone lacks modern automation)
which is on-topic value that none of you Apple zealots knew anything about.

Anything else the Apple religious zealots retort is off topic for this
thread and hence doesn't add any useful technical value of merit.

Re: check in

<v1a9cu$2gahj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14296&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14296

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 10:54:37 +0100
<v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net>
<v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me>
<v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me> <v18ihv$3iiu7$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<v18iln$rft$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v19062$23k47$1@dont-email.me>
<v190r0$db0$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9qma2F3sqoU1@mid.individual.net>
<v19qpu$15rc$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 by: Chris - Mon, 6 May 2024 09:54 UTC

On 06/05/2024 06:45, Andrew wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote on 6 May 2024 00:24:34 GMT :
>
>> It worked perfectly, and you fell for it.
>
> With respect to the checkin feature, there are at least 2 known methods for
> the iPhone (& vastly greater methods available for Android owners).
>
> 1. Apple's rather limited checkin oneshot which is native to iOS 17
> <https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/use-check-in-iphc143bb7e9/ios>
>
> 2. A developer's functional checkin/checkout oneshot and/or repeater
> <https://www.iamherezone.com/>
>
> 3. The vast modern advanced automation features available in Android.
> <https://www.androidauthority.com/best-automation-apps-android-3024941/>
>
> What is a fact is all exist (although the iPhone lacks modern automation)
> which is on-topic value that none of you Apple zealots knew anything about.
>
> Anything else the Apple religious zealots retort is off topic for this
> thread and hence doesn't add any useful technical value of merit.

As someone who claims to understand OSes and technology better than
"children" I'm surprised - actually I'm not - you've completely
overlooked Apple's Shortcuts and Automation features. Clearly a sign of
someone who doesn't actually use their Apple devices for anything other
than to find problems, and not solve them.

You'll find that the in-built tools are more than capable of achieving
what you claim is deficient. All without using a poorly rated,
unsupported, 5 yo, third party (cr)app. See the for the in-built Travel
Triggers which will work perfectly.
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/shortcuts/apd8ebfc4e8e/ios
https://www.imore.com/how-use-automations-shortcuts

You claim to have an elderly relative that would benefit from having
such a facility on her iphone. I look forward to hearing how it works
out for you/her. I won't hold my breath, however...

I mean if it was genuinely important to you you would have found out how
to do it over the *three and half years* since Shortcuts was built into
iOS. It was an separate app for *three years* prior to that.

Yet over several days of looking for an iOS solution all you can come up
with is an untested, unknown, and unused app. Doesn't feel like "value"
or "truth" from here. More like "wilfull incompetence" and "axe-grinding".

Re: check in

<l9sekmFbtdbU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=14308&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#14308

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 6 May 2024 16:25:59 GMT
<l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net>
<v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me>
<v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me> <v18ihv$3iiu7$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<v18iln$rft$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v19062$23k47$1@dont-email.me>
<v190r0$db0$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<l9qma2F3sqoU1@mid.individual.net>
<v19qpu$15rc$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
<v1a9cu$2gahj$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Jolly Roger - Mon, 6 May 2024 16:25 UTC

On 2024-05-06, Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/05/2024 06:45, Andrew wrote:
>> Jolly Roger wrote on 6 May 2024 00:24:34 GMT :
>>
>>> It worked perfectly, and you fell for it.
>>
>> With respect to the checkin feature, there are at least 2 known methods for
>> the iPhone (& vastly greater methods available for Android owners).
>>
>> 1. Apple's rather limited checkin oneshot which is native to iOS 17
>> <https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/use-check-in-iphc143bb7e9/ios>
>>
>> 2. A developer's functional checkin/checkout oneshot and/or repeater
>> <https://www.iamherezone.com/>
>>
>> 3. The vast modern advanced automation features available in Android.
>> <https://www.androidauthority.com/best-automation-apps-android-3024941/>
>>
>> What is a fact is all exist (although the iPhone lacks modern automation)
>> which is on-topic value that none of you Apple zealots knew anything about.
>>
>> Anything else the Apple religious zealots retort is off topic for this
>> thread and hence doesn't add any useful technical value of merit.
>
> As someone who claims to understand OSes and technology better than
> "children" I'm surprised - actually I'm not - you've completely
> overlooked Apple's Shortcuts and Automation features. Clearly a sign of
> someone who doesn't actually use their Apple devices for anything other
> than to find problems, and not solve them.
>
> You'll find that the in-built tools are more than capable of achieving
> what you claim is deficient. All without using a poorly rated,
> unsupported, 5 yo, third party (cr)app. See the for the in-built Travel
> Triggers which will work perfectly.
> https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/shortcuts/apd8ebfc4e8e/ios
> https://www.imore.com/how-use-automations-shortcuts
>
> You claim to have an elderly relative that would benefit from having
> such a facility on her iphone. I look forward to hearing how it works
> out for you/her. I won't hold my breath, however...
>
> I mean if it was genuinely important to you you would have found out how
> to do it over the *three and half years* since Shortcuts was built into
> iOS. It was an separate app for *three years* prior to that.
>
> Yet over several days of looking for an iOS solution all you can come up
> with is an untested, unknown, and unused app. Doesn't feel like "value"
> or "truth" from here. More like "wilfull incompetence" and "axe-grinding".

When your single goal is zealotry, you don't find actual solutions to
problems. Arlen proves his ignorance and stupidity every time he posts.

--

JR