From: chris@cdixon.me.uk (Chris J Dixon)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Subject: Watering Timers
Date: Tue, 07 May 2024 18:58:17 +0100
 by: Chris J Dixon - Tue, 7 May 2024 17:58 UTC

My garden watering system has grown over the years and the first
of my two Hozelock AC Plus timers is now showing its age.

I see that dual timers are now available, so I could rationalise
my installation.

There seem to be quite a number available, and I wonder if anyone
has had particularly good or bad experiences?

I want a robust, leakproof product, from a recognisable name, and
easy to programme. I prefer ones that work to an actual time of
day, rather than everything just being relative to the moment you
set it.

I see that some purport to use Bluetooth, but reviews suggest
that their range is minimal.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
chris@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.

Re: Watering Timers

<l9v8vhFn63sU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3704&group=uk.rec.gardening#3704

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Watering Timers
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 19:07:42 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Tue, 7 May 2024 18:07 UTC

Chris J Dixon wrote:

> I want a robust, leakproof product, from a recognisable name, and
> easy to programme. I prefer ones that work to an actual time of
> day, rather than everything just being relative to the moment you
> set it.

I have a Claber (not current model) it only does relative time, but they
have more expensive absolute time models, and dual/quad outlet models.

Pleasingly, spares were available when I didn't drain it properly and
frost got to it.

Re: Watering Timers

<n3w_N.21143$HJr3.20211@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3705&group=uk.rec.gardening#3705

Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 21:21:39 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Tue, 7 May 2024 20:21 UTC

On 07-May-24 18:58, Chris J Dixon wrote:
> My garden watering system has grown over the years and the first
> of my two Hozelock AC Plus timers is now showing its age.
>
> I see that dual timers are now available, so I could rationalise
> my installation.
>
> There seem to be quite a number available, and I wonder if anyone
> has had particularly good or bad experiences?
>
> I want a robust, leakproof product, from a recognisable name, and
> easy to programme. I prefer ones that work to an actual time of
> day, rather than everything just being relative to the moment you
> set it.
>
> I see that some purport to use Bluetooth, but reviews suggest
> that their range is minimal.

I have one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08ZHWC64M
(used with a Pressure reducing Valve on the inlet side)

I'm just about to set it up for its third season and it has worked
without any problems to date. It is a single timer version but on the
same page they do a dual version for a fairly modest price.

I bought the Kazeila to replace a Hoselock timer that was always very
fiddly to set up, and became quite erratic after three or four years.

I have no information on Bluetooth models, but I am getting fed with the
various (indoor) gadgets that SWMBO has bought, which refuse to
communicate via bluetooth at roughly weekly intervals.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Watering Timers

<la0ku2Ffk8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3706&group=uk.rec.gardening#3706

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 07:37:54 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 8 May 2024 06:37 UTC

Sam Plusnet wrote:

> used with a Pressure reducing Valve on the inlet side

I bought a PRV with my timer since it was recommended, but it frequently
locked-up mechanically, needing manually freeing, so I didn't leave it
in circuit as I felt it was going t defeat the point of automatic watering.

aus+uk / uk.rec.gardening / Re: Watering Timers