From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Brexit gives us another kicking
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 07:44:23 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 5 May 2024 06:44 UTC

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/may/04/uk-flower-industry-thrown-into-chaos-by-new-brexit-border-checks

<quotes>

Of all the effects of Brexit, probably the least anticipated was that flower exporters and customs officials would have to learn Latin.

But that is one of the problems that confronted British businesses in the first week after the government introduced physical checks on some food and plants from the EU.

Traders said they had faced far more checks than they were led to believe would take place and in some cases lorries had been held for hours before being waved on without inspection.

</quotes>

We can thank BoJo for not actually getting brexit done, delivering a useless deal instead of the oven ready one he pretended he had.

And we can blame every brextremist for lying that brexit would only improve things, lying it would cut red tape, lying that it wouldn't make us worse off, playing bait and switch while insisting any price was worth paying to leave the UK's largest trading bloc.

They knew what damage brexit would do, to Britain and her peoples, but didn't care. And we are the ones having to pay the cost.

Re: Brexit gives us another kicking

<6638aa6a$9$19609$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17305&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#17305

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Brexit gives us another kicking
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: 06 May 2024 10:01:14 GMT
 by: TWP - Mon, 6 May 2024 10:01 UTC

On Sun, 05 May 2024 07:44:23 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/may/04/uk-flower-
industry-thrown-into-chaos-by-new-brexit-border-checks

> <quotes>
>
> Of all the effects of Brexit, probably the least anticipated was that
> flower exporters and customs officials would have to learn Latin.
>
> But that is one of the problems that confronted British businesses in
> the first week after the government introduced physical checks on some
> food and plants from the EU.
>
> Traders said they had faced far more checks than they were led to
> believe would take place and in some cases lorries had been held for
> hours before being waved on without inspection.
>
> </quotes>
>
> We can thank BoJo for not actually getting brexit done, delivering a
> useless deal instead of the oven ready one he pretended he had.
>
> And we can blame every brextremist for lying that brexit would only
> improve things, lying it would cut red tape, lying that it wouldn't make
> us worse off, playing bait and switch while insisting any price was
> worth paying to leave the UK's largest trading bloc.
>
> They knew what damage brexit would do, to Britain and her peoples, but
> didn't care. And we are the ones having to pay the cost.

I expect the souls of all those who died young to keep our country in our
own hands will be weeping bitter tears of regret for the customs people.
Why oh why didn't they let the country fall into the hands of Napoleon or
Hitler? The businesses of Europe could have now been as one and the only
languages the customs people would have had to learn is French or German.

A lot of difficulties will be because the EU is giving us the treatment,
part to bolster Remain for if there's a re-vote - which I expect there
will be eventually if they keep it up. Another part of the probelm is
that the government wants that side to win too which is a good reason for
getting rid of all of them (except Larry the cat) and starting again.

Re: Brexit gives us another kicking

<20240506161913.000044be@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=17311&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#17311

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 16:19:13 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 6 May 2024 15:19 UTC

On 06 May 2024 10:01:14 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 05 May 2024 07:44:23 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/may/04/uk-flower-
> >
> industry-thrown-into-chaos-by-new-brexit-border-checks
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > Of all the effects of Brexit, probably the least anticipated was
> > that flower exporters and customs officials would have to learn
> > Latin.
> >
> > But that is one of the problems that confronted British businesses
> > in the first week after the government introduced physical checks
> > on some food and plants from the EU.
> >
> > Traders said they had faced far more checks than they were led to
> > believe would take place and in some cases lorries had been held for
> > hours before being waved on without inspection.
> >
> > </quotes>
> >
> > We can thank BoJo for not actually getting brexit done, delivering a
> > useless deal instead of the oven ready one he pretended he had.
> >
> > And we can blame every brextremist for lying that brexit would only
> > improve things, lying it would cut red tape, lying that it wouldn't
> > make us worse off, playing bait and switch while insisting any
> > price was worth paying to leave the UK's largest trading bloc.
> >
> > They knew what damage brexit would do, to Britain and her peoples,
> > but didn't care. And we are the ones having to pay the cost.
>

> I expect the souls of all those who died young to keep our country in
> our own hands will be weeping bitter tears of regret for the customs
> people. Why oh why didn't they let the country fall into the hands of
> Napoleon or Hitler? The businesses of Europe could have now been as
> one and the only languages the customs people would have had to learn
> is French or German.

That's all rabid propaganda crap, and so is this -

> A lot of difficulties will be because the EU is giving us the
> treatment

Why blame the EU when it was Johnson who negotiated the deal which has given us this ? Johnson wanted it, demanded it, signed on the dotted line to have it, refused to sign if he couldn't have it.

Why blame the EU when it was brextremists who wanted these tighter restrictions on EU goods entering the country ?

This is what brextremists wanted.

They knew what it would cost us. They said any cost was worth paying. And now we are paying it.

I really do wish brexit supporters would stop blaming everyone else but themselves for the consequences of what they wanted, what they voted to have.

The real problem is brexit has turned out to be shit, just as remoaners said it would. Brexit hasn't delivered on the promises made, just as remoaners said it wouldn't. Those who voted to leave need to find someone, anyone, to blame, because they refuse to own what they wanted.

Until brexit supporters do own it we can't fix it.

> Another part of
> the probelm is that the government wants that side to win too

Straight from the Reform UK manifesto, Farage's or Tice's mouth, or did the Express, Daily Mail, Torygraph, or some YouTube conspiracy theorist tell you that ?

Don't forget; I was prepared to vote Leave and would have if it wasn't for the racism, this ridiculous zealotry, if I couldn't tell brrextremists were liars, were playing a bait and switch game, were looking to destroy this country rather than make it better, great again.

So, don't tell me I don't understand the issues and arguments on both sides.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Brexit gives us another kicking